Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

I do not have my user notes fixed in my workspace. When I want to either edit or initiate a user note I simply right click on the verse I want to put or edit a user note and the user note window pops us as is normal.I edit or initiate the note then click on the "x" in the top right hand corner of the note window in an effort to dismiss the note box but instead of dismissing it fixes the note box into the text pane. If I recall it dismisses in the Mac platform but NOT in the windows platform. I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates and Accordance 11.1. I did check my Windows preferences in Accordance but I did not see anything to either check or uncheck that would change the situation. Have I overlooked something?

Bob

Bob Deacon 2017 MacBook Air, Accordance 12, MacOs 10.15 Catalina Public Beta, Ipad Air 2 IOS 13  Motorola G6 Play Android

Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows 10, Surface Pro 6 Windows 10

Pastor Buckhorn Baptist Church, Como, NC

#2 jessepeterman

jessepeterman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:56 PM

I've been wondering about this on Mac as well. I would like a preference option that allows me to edit notes without bringing up the notes pane. It does the same thing as you're describing in Windows. 

#3 Shai

Shai

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:26 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I'm wanting the same thing. Any idea how to edit notes without the notes attaching to the current work pane after update?

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,113 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:46 AM

This is a preference you should be able to disable in Preferences -> User Files -> Open parallel pane when editing.  Let me know if this helps!

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

#5 Shai

Shai

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, Android

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:01 AM

Yes, perfect! Thank you. I deselected "Open parallel pane when editing", and that gave me what I was wanting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users