11.1.0 Upgrade User Notes - Crash

G Springer

I selected the Upgrade User Notes in my preference.

I get the following error:

"The name “My Mobile Notes.amynotes” cannot be used, since it is used by an existing file with a different type."

I click OK and Accordance Crashes.

(On Mac - El Capitan)

Upate: Worked with Orly and found part of the problem. The Note referenced a module that was in my library but the file (module) had been moved. With the module installed (file location identified correctly) the note opens just fine.

Edited by G Springer

• 1 year later...

Hi,

When I try to make a Note I get this message:

post-32543-0-43286600-1484686599_thumb.png

When I click OK I get this message:

post-32543-0-21691600-1484686617_thumb.png

If this is the same issue, and since I'm new to Mac, can you tell me how to find and install this Module correctly?

Thanks.

Regards,

Michel

I think I would remove it from the Library/My Notes section, and try again. Create a new Notes file with your choice of a name.

Hi,

If I go to Finder > Go > Computer > > Library ,  or . . .  Users > > Library, there isn't a My Notes folder.

I finally found My Notes.amynotes in Documents > Accordance Files > User Notes (I found this by searching for Oaktree; searching for My Notes didn't find it).

I double clicked on that file, and it opened Acc with the Notes file. Now notes work.

Should I have a My Notes folder in one of the Library Folders, and copy My Notes.amynotes into it? Was that the default location for User Notes and I changed it on Install? I don't remember.

Thanks.

Michel

Helen was referring to your Accordance Library, not Finder library.  Regardless, I'm glad it is working now.

Hi again,

(I edited a lot of this).

By the Accordance Library do you mean

User Name > Library > Application Support > Accordance > Modules >

and the folder Shared User Notes for my My Notes.amynotes file?

I'm at bit lost in the Mac file system compared to the MS one. I can view hidden files, but a Search box search doesn't bring up System files, and I can't figure out how to find them yet.

Thanks.

Edited by Michel Gilbert

They are referring to the Library listing from within Accordance that displays when you click on the Library icon in the toolbar. 

Hi Rick,

Yesterday there wasn't a My Notes > My Notes file, just the main My Notes heading with nothing in it. That's why I was trying to find it in the Mac file system. I think the file appeared today after I double clicked on it as described above.

I'll try from within Acc next time if I have the same problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

Hi,

I see what's causing the confusion. When the first notice appeared, I couldn't find My Notes within Acc, so I couldn't delete the file from there. I was assuming everyone knew that. I was looking for it in the file system so I could rename or delete it. Since I don't have any notes on Acc yet, either one wouldn't have mattered. When Helen said Library, I thought she meant somewhere in the file system.

I always try to solve things on my own, following whatever instructions I'm given, sometimes with the help of searching the Forums.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Regards,

Michel