Accordance doesn't boot if not on network

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 11.1

Win 7

If I have a live connection to the internet I can boot Acc immediately no problems.

If I am not if will spin chewing 25% of a CPU and not complete its boot. Now I thought I saw it timeout and come up anyway earlier when I was VPNd into another network, though Acc has no proxy setting support so it would not have been able to reach the greater internet. But just now I tried for 10 minutes and Acc just sat there half way through its boot (a blank splash page only - black - no image) for 10+ minutes solid using 25% CPU.

So I have a couple of questions.

1. Does Acc require an internet connection to boot ? Once it's running it doesn't seem to need one, unless you want to install/update modules.

2. Does it ever timeout in this process and boot anyway, as I think I saw it do ?

3. Can Accordance be configured to use proxy servers to get out of VPN style environments onto the internet ?

Thx

D

I think you may need to let our tech support take a look at your computer. Accordance should not need to go online, but I would make sure that your Preferences are not set to sync to Dropbox, and your Updates preferences are not set to check automatically for updates. All those do need to be done online, of course.

Hi Helen,  I wondered about that. I've just done a couple of experiments. Acc is configured for manual sync so that shouldn't be it. But updates was configured to check for module updates weekly. Turning that off seemed to help but presumably as it's a daily check or a weekly check then once it's done the check for that day or week there should not be any further need. So I'll do some more experiments over the next days. If I continue to have issues I'll contact support.

Thx

D