The Text of the Old Testament: An Introduction to the Biblia Hebraica

Michel Gilbert

Hi,

Würthwein's The Text of the Old Testament: An Introduction to the Biblia Hebraica. It used to be a standard text. Now there is a 3rd edition by Würthwein & Fischer; see http://www.eerdmans.com/Products/6680/the-text-of-the-old-testament.aspx for a preview.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 2

An excellent book.  

I would recommend this for the novice who wants to get a basic introduction to the Hebrew textual tradition and the practice of textual criticism, or for someone who wants help getting up to speed before tackling Tov's work.  

• Like 2

Hi,

I also have to admit that I have an ulterior motive. If I write a first or second year Hebrew grammar, or both, I'd like to have links to certain books, some of which aren't in Acc yet. Or, at least, I'd like to use Acc for teaching Hebrew. That's why I also asked for Introduction to the Tiberian Masorah, and why I'll ask for certain others in the future.

Regards,

Michel

And it's suggestions like this that lead to me continuing to build bookshelves. :)

• Like 2

Hi,

Würthwein's The Text of the Old Testament: An Introduction to the Biblia Hebraica. It used to be a standard text. Now there is a 3rd edition by Würthwein & Fischer; see http://www.eerdmans.com/Products/6680/the-text-of-the-old-testament.aspx for a preview.

Regards,

Michel

I was going to suggest this one yesterday.   :) This and Understanding BHS by Wonneberger.

The second edition is on my shelf (actually, it's currently on the floor next to my recliner) and it is one of my favorite reads.  Thanks for suggesting it.

• 3 years later...