Unknown error updating user tool

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 11.1.1

Win 7 SP1

I am trying to remove an errant title in a user tool. Title settings don't stay where they are put right now alas.

Anyhow in trying to remove this title, it appears to go away and then I save the UT and I get this error :

post-32023-0-62672300-1448518575_thumb.jpg

I can send the UT if you want it.

Thx

D

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem, except I have no idea what is causing it. I haven't changed any titles.

Did you find a solution?

I cut the text, updated the UT with no problem, then pasted the text back in and updated again, no problem.

I'm still not sure what the problem was but at least the UT is updated.

______

Scratch that, still having problems.

Edited by MatthewCrowe

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded a user tool from the exchange, was originally set up under Version 10.  Works Great but I wanted to do some slight editing, but it would not allow me up update.  

• 2 months later...

Joel, I'm still having problems with this issue. Have you found any resolution for it? 

Did you update to 11.1.6?

Yes, but it did not resolve anything, regrettably.

Would you mind compressing and uploading your user tool here, then describe the edit you are unable to do?

Sure

Here is the problem:

The problem is with editing the titles and subtitles. The titles '2014' and '2015' are fine but there is a problem with '2016.' Under the subtitle 'The Temptation of Hezekiah,' none of the subtitles are working properly. I have continued placing a subtitle at the beginning of each sermon but the outline/hierarchy panel does not reflect the change. For some reason, every subsequent sermon after 'Hezekiah' is nested within that subtitle. 

Sermons.zip

Edited by MatthewCrowe

Matthew, I did not receive a file.  I also ask you to compress it so it can be uploaded, as I believe plain user tools can't be uploaded to the forums.

Matthew, I did not receive a file.  I also ask you to compress it so it can be uploaded, as I believe plain user tools can't be uploaded to the forums.

Yeah, sorry. I forgot to attach and then learned why you asked for it to be compressed! Thanks.

Matthew, when looking at that section of your user tool, all of the subsections below Hezekiah had the title hierarchy number set to 9, which is definitely not right.  You should generally go consecutive if wanting to go to a subsection, but in this case, if these are to be parallel with "The Temptation of Hezekiah", they should have the same number as it, a '1'.  So, your structure is that each year should say 'T' for a top level title, and each sermon marked with a '1'.

I've attached your tool with the titles fixed.

Sermons.acc7.zip

Matthew, when looking at that section of your user tool, all of the subsections below Hezekiah had the title hierarchy number set to 9, which is definitely not right.  You should generally go consecutive if wanting to go to a subsection, but in this case, if these are to be parallel with "The Temptation of Hezekiah", they should have the same number as it, a '1'.  So, your structure is that each year should say 'T' for a top level title, and each sermon marked with a '1'.

I've attached your tool with the titles fixed.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifSermons.acc7.zip

Thank Joel.

I'm unable to change the titles. I extracted and opened the file you attached and the problem is still there. I can't change the title from '9' back to '1.'

Also, the title 'Covenant and Prayer' has a '1' in its title just like 'Hezekiah' but it shows on my end that it is still nested within the 'Hezekiah' sermon. 

'The Promised Inheritance' is the first with the level '9' and that's the one I can't change.

Edited by MatthewCrowe

Matthew, it may be best for you to contact Technical Support so they can work with you directly on this issue.  I wonder if there is something a bit different on your system, so they'll be the best to help sort it out.  You can call them at (407) 339-0266, or e-mail suppot@accordancebible.com

• 3 weeks later...

Joel (and anyone else interested), 

I contacted support and the fix was surprisingly simple. By pressing alt + shift (on my PC) in the User Tool edit window, the cursor to change the hierarchy changes from a "+" to a "-", allowing me to "back down" from 9 to 1 and repair the problem. It would not allow me to cycle through with the "+" back to the appropriate number for some reason so this resolved my problem.