Define Search Ranges

SteveL

Accordance allows users to customize search ranges. This is especially useful; for example, I defined ranges such as Torah, Prophets, Pauline, and so forth.

My suggestion: I wish that I could enter my custom search ranges directly via the keyboard without the mouse. For example, I'd like to be able to search on words by typing a search string such as: (search <AND> word) <AND> [RANGE Pauline].

Alternatively, the same could be accomplished by typing something like L Pauline (= limit range to Pauline), and then pressing enter. The L would tell Accordance to set the search within to a custom range. Then, I could search on words using strings as usual; the first keyboard sequence would set the "more options" range.

Thanks for listening!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would second this. It's annoying that having defined a range, you can't actually use it with the RANGE command.

The syntax could use some character (such as quotes) to bracket the range name to identify it as a predefined range:

[RANGE "Torah"]

Nice idea.

OK, point taken, we will try to add this feature in the future.

Very cool, Helen. I really appreciate you listening. Speaks volumes about you and Accordance. Thanks!!

Very cool, Helen. I really appreciate you listening. Speaks volumes about you and Accordance. Thanks!!

I am delighted to read and be able to add to this. We are indeed blessed in having a great programme, a great team working hard behind it and a great group of people kind enough to read and answer questions on the forum!

Archived