Better handling empty verses in Imported Bibles

Fabian

Hello

It would be nice if I have an empty verse in Imported Bibles if the can be empty. At the moment I have to set something for the right display.

Source like this post-32723-0-01966300-1448816220_thumb.png results like this post-32723-0-55362900-1448816298_thumb.png

And always to set a "--" or so is not so nice.

Greetings

Fabian

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks for better handling,

but if there are more than one (1) verse missing the verse after are one shifted if I display it in parallel.

Greetings

Fabian

• 5 weeks later...

Many thanks for better handling,

but if there are more than one (1) verse missing the verse after are one shifted if I display it in parallel.

Greetings

Fabian

Maybe you need a better description:

If I had a chapter in which are 1 or more verse are missing, then Accordance recognize it and compensates it except 1 verse.

If I had a User Bible with 1 verse less, then by scroll in parallel it is 1 verse shifted. If I had a user Bible with 2 or more missing verses than the reference Bible by import, then 1 verse is always shifted by scroll in sync with other Bibles, the other missing verses are compensated.

Pro: I find fast in which chapter a verse is missing.

cons: I had always make User Bibles with all verses in the chapter, even if I don't need all.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I would say that most of us who prepare our own translation will virtually always have a "sparse" translation, i.e., not all verses will be present. Currently Accordance doesn't handle this well at all when when it compares translations. I do think improving this would be a very good idea. To illustrate, I have KJVS and other versions in parallel. My own foreign language translation includes Ps 23 and many other Psalms, but is missing a majority of the Psalms. When I go to Ps 23 with KJVS as the version being searched, Ps 23 does not even show up – the first visible verse in the compared version is from Ps 31.

post-3736-0-76043500-1453698956_thumb.png

Edited by EricC
  • Like 1

Yes it would be great if Accordance fix this.

That Accordance can handle missing verses except of the least one, give me hope that with a few development all works fine in the next release.

Greetings

Fabian

• 3 months later...

Hopefully this comes in 11.2

Greetings

Fabian