Copy Citation - Irregular Line Spacing

Mick Matousek

When copying citations with verse reference numbers larger than the text, irregular line space occurs in the resultant text. I note this issue in Keynote and Nisus Writer Pro. I have a attached a screen print to illustrate.post-17-1185577479_thumb.jpg

Mick

Since I use neither Keynote nor Nisus, I can't answer for those applications. However, in Word the operator can set specific line spacing for a paragraph. If no line spacing is specified, each line is spaced to accommodate the largest point size on that line. Perhaps you need to specify a line spacing adequate to display those enlarged verse numbers and still keep each line with the same spacing between lines.

I am curious, however, as to why anyone would want the verse numbers to be 8 points larger than the surrounding text.

Jack

I am curious, however, as to why anyone would want the verse numbers to be 8 points larger than the surrounding text.

Jack

#1) It is a flaw in the way a copy citation should display its results. The intent of copy citation is a consistent, uniform citation of the text with appropriate verse references displayed according to Accordance settings. At present it does not do that.

#2) The references with font size larger than text are a very effective way to copy and paste a target passage into any presentation program (Keynote, PowerPoint, Impress, etc.) where the information is presented by layer or build. Each formatted paragraph of the citation can automatically become a build. Hence, the larger verse reference, since it is also followed by a paragraph control character, can be displayed to the audience before the citation text is displayed. Larger verse reference is easier to read and more emphatic. Smaller text since there is more of it and it may not need as much comment. Of course the pace varies as the content might vary, narrative vs analytic. My intent is that people use their Bibles to lookup up passages, rather than passively looking at the overhead screen. It is a good thing to become personally and individually familiar with the Bible and its books.

And, yes, there are multiple step work arounds for this issue even though I have been Microsoft free since 1995. ;)

Archived