Paradigms

Abram K-J

I know it's been requested before, but I couldn't easily find it:

I'd like to have access within Accordance to paradigms (verbal conjugations). A stand-alone module would be nice, but what I think would be really cool is if you right-click on or Amplify a Greek or Hebrew word, and then see the paradigm for that type of verb. The latter would be more dynamic (and probably harder to write in to the program), but the former would also be welcomed.

• Like 4

I guess you must really want this. Here's your old thread : http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/9545-easy-reference-paradigms/?hl=%2Bgreek+%2Bparadigms:)

+1

There must be books of these about but whether there is book that contains the vocab list identifying the correct paradigm for each word I am not sure - beyond MBG of course. And with MBG for the NT you can pretty much do this already, but that's a pretty restricted corpus.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Hopefully I'm not a lone voice--I'm not sure how many other users have expressed interest, but it would really enhance my own use.

I'd just make a User Tool, but I'm not confident in my ability to get a table to look right there.

I have done fix width font to get a tabulated layout but it would be a lot of work for this stuff. The other one I did in code and generated it and it really only had headings and indent single columns of data under each heading. Multi-column like this would be much more work.

I would use something like this and will probably want it once I get further with Hebrew.

Thx

D

I know it's been requested before, but I couldn't easily find it:

I'd like to have access within Accordance to paradigms (verbal conjugations). A stand-alone module would be nice, but what I think would be really cool is if you right-click on or Amplify a Greek or Hebrew word, and then see the paradigm for that type of verb. The latter would be more dynamic (and probably harder to write in to the program), but the former would also be welcomed.

I think this would be really great. It should include all ambiguities, too :). I.e., it should include all the possibilities based on the actual forms and let the user decide which one it is in a given case. If the user could select (tick) the one he believes it to be and then later search using that, it would be extra amazing.

1+

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I could see something in an analysis window improvements. Being able to arrange data in a table like we already have but with options for parsings, etc.

• 7 months later...

+1

+1. My Greek class would love it!

• 5 months later...

Getting the requests going for this one again. 

Now that 12 has been launched.... Could 2017 be the year? :D