Research Tab for iOS

ddoyle777

• 2 weeks later...

Will spotlight search look inside the contents of all modules? If yes this would be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotlight on the iOS is close to release.

Thank you!!

I'm assuming that the user could search within a text....?

• 3 years later...

Bump. Any hope any time soon for Research tab on iOS? This would dramatically improve the usefulness of Accordance mobile to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to a research tab, tabs of any kind would be nice. Have a couple bibles open at the same time, or a couple instances of the same bible, a bible and a dictionary or commentary.

• Like 4

This would make a HUGE difference. That and/or the ability for a third pane. 

Tabs, Research and/or Info Pane for iOS would be fantastic.

• Like 2

Tabs, Info Pane, and more parallels / panes...  Selfishly, I only care about iPad — and don't really need or think I would ever use these features on iPhone (and would likely be much more difficult to fit the UI in as well).

• Like 2

Selfishly, I only care about iPad .

While i mainly agree, being able to quickly and have consistency in the way we switch resources, particularly study bibles, commentaries and lexicons would benefit both large and small ios devices.

Tabs would make a huge difference in the usability of the iOS platform. For me, the current info pane seems to work pretty well but a bit cumbersome. But multiple tabs . . . Sigh.

• Like 1

That other bible platform has this. It would be cool if Accordance adopted a similar tabs approach. On the other app you can swipe between them or tap a button to then swipe between them. If Accordance adopted this you can have two pains with your book and then another pane for commentary, then other commentaries on other tabs. WIN!

• Like 1

I don't particularly care about the specific UI paradigm used particularly—tabs aren't a traditional UI mechanism on iOS nor provided for by the iOS SDK, but I've certainly seen them before (have to be custom coded) — but I absolutely love the idea of more books / easier swapping, more parallel panes, an info panel, etc.  Accordance on the iPad obviously has to bridge a hybrid gap between the more simplistic iOS iPhone approach and a more full featured professional UI on the Mac.  It's a hard user experience (UX) nut to crack for sure!

more simplistic iOS iPhone approach and a more full featured professional UI on the Mac.  It's a hard user experience (UX) nut to crack for sure!

Not forgetting something called i think is called windows or android!

• 2 weeks later...

The reality is that the only thing keeping me from changing from a laptop to an iPad Pro as my main computer is Accordance. I simply cannot work as effectively and powerfully in Accordance on iOS as I can on Mac or Windows. I would love to see that change. As a graduate student, I would love to be able to only take an iPad with me to class. Hoping this happens sooner rather than later.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is on the horizon too, a research feature on iOS will be a game changer :)

• Like 1

iOS Accordance has many wonderful features but the lack of a reasearch tab type of thing is a serious deficit. I hope very soon we can get this.

-dan

• Like 2