#133) User Notes and Tools

Timothy Jenney

Ready to make your own Accordance modules?

We've given User notes and User Tools am major update recently, with a new Edit Window, the ability to add pictures, and insert many different kinds of hypertext links. Join me as we walk through the improvements—many of them based on your suggestions and requests.

http://accordancefiles2.com/podcasts/p133_usernotesandtools.mp4

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 5

Great job on the podcast. 

Just one question: Will the pictures pasted or inserted into a user notes window print properly? I have tried both pasting and inserting a graphic into a note and it displays correctly on screen but leaves a blank space when printed. They will not display on the iOS but it was my understanding that they will not until the next iOS version. 

Thanks, Tony!

That's a great question. Honestly, I've never tried it (though I thought I had tried virtually everything in the process of making this podcast). Recommend you report it as a bug.

As to iOS, they are hard at work making the new User Notes and User Tools compatible with Accordance Mobile. I've seen the comments back and forth between the programmers. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea when the feature will be ready for release.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Great job on the podcast. 

Just one question: Will the pictures pasted or inserted into a user notes window print properly? I have tried both pasting and inserting a graphic into a note and it displays correctly on screen but leaves a blank space when printed. They will not display on the iOS but it was my understanding that they will not until the next iOS version. 

I know that printing graphics from Accordance-created tools is on the drawing board for 11.2, but I don't know if that extends to User Notes/Tools yet. 

Graphics in User Notes/Tools will be included in the 2.3 update. This update accomplishes two things: (1) it incorporates iOS 9 features, and (2) it updates Accordance Mobile for the new User Notes/Tools format that allows for pictures. I think we're very close on this release. The iOS 9 aspects have been extremely stable through the last few betas, and I now find myself using Accordance in splitscreen as if I had been doing it for years. We're very close in regard to the notes. I had hoped to see this version released before the end of the year, but Apple closes down on the 22nd and no updates can be approved over the week of Christmas. Regardless of when 2.3 is released, you will see it was worth the wait.

• Like 3