William Cross

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Yes, everything is completely up to date Acc 12.0.3 and ESVS 5.4. My Text Display preferences are set to "Paragraphs with Space" and "Omit Book and Chapter".

Attached Files

Edited by William Cross, 02 February 2017 - 03:06 PM.

Bill Cross

www.gracebiblerichmond.org

#22 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,491 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

Found the setting!  Preferences -> Search tabs -> Context.  You have this set to 'All'.  In reality, this setting probably shouldn't affect Research results, so we'll fix that for 12.0.4.  In the meantime, try setting it back to 0.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#23 William Cross

William Cross

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Awesome! That fixed it.

Gracias.

Bill Cross

#24 William Cross

William Cross

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

I think I found a better way that is much more like what BibleWorks offers. I just created a new tab with horizontal panes with most of the translations I desire to compare. Then open another tab with the main translation I use and Tie the Tabs together.

Attached Files

Edited by William Cross, 02 February 2017 - 05:30 PM.

• revtim, ukfraser, Abram K-J and 4 others like this

Bill Cross

#25 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

I've seen (and created) a lot of Workspaces in my day, but nothing like this--looks great!

• Morgado likes this

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#26 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

Doen anyone know would it be possible to adjust the size of the title of the texts seperate from the contents?

And whether it is possible to change the line space?

#27 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

I think I found a better way that is much more like what BibleWorks offers. I just created a new tab with horizontal panes with most of the translations I desire to compare. Then open another tab with the main translation I use and Tie the Tabs together.

I still think Accordance should do a bible verse browser panel like bible works, however this is better than what I have now. How do you make "horizontal panels"???  I found the button that transforms my 11 panel (parallel bible translation tab) all sideways, but now scrolling up and down is extremely extremely slow on my 12" MacBook. So slow in fact, it is impossible to use. 

PS: That "Research -> All Texts" option is really not a viable option, I am able to comfortably show 11 bible translation panels in a grid on one tab on my small 12" screen. When I do "Research -> All texts" it takes the whole screen and shows 6 translations at once with lots of space in between (and only some of them will be translations I am interested in anyway, so its not possible to see the ones you are interested in side by side using the "Research" menu.)

Edited by Ιακοβ, 02 February 2017 - 11:45 PM.

#28 revtim

revtim

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

Wiliam, I agree with Abram ... that is a beautiful workspace. Thanks!

In Christ,

Tim Hall

#29 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,491 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

Doen anyone know would it be possible to adjust the size of the title of the texts seperate from the contents?

And whether it is possible to change the line space?

What do you mean the 'title of the texts' separate from the contents?  Which size are you looking to increase?

You can change the line spacing by going to Set Text Display via Cmd-T (Control+T on Windows), the Display menu, or the gear menu in the top right of the pane.

I still think Accordance should do a bible verse browser panel like bible works, however this is better than what I have now. How do you make "horizontal panels"???  I found the button that transforms my 11 panel (parallel bible translation tab) all sideways, but now scrolling up and down is extremely extremely slow on my 12" MacBook. So slow in fact, it is impossible to use. 

PS: That "Research -> All Texts" option is really not a viable option, I am able to comfortably show 11 bible translation panels in a grid on one tab on my small 12" screen. When I do "Research -> All texts" it takes the whole screen and shows 6 translations at once with lots of space in between (and only some of them will be translations I am interested in anyway, so its not possible to see the ones you are interested in side by side using the "Research" menu.)

All of my scrolling is still very fast when the panes are horizontal.  Is this reproducible for you?  Can you attach your workspace or a picture of it?

Research -> All Texts is great for a quick overview of a verse across all translations.  You can easily specify it to a particular User Group if you want just a specific set of translations, and it offers some advantages over having a premade tab.  Of course there are plenty of other advantages to premade tabs or workspaces, so the point is to be flexible to your workflow.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#30 Fabian

Fabian

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

I'm sure he means that headings 

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-04 um 02.09.15.png   457.24KB   0 downloads

And no, command-T doesn't work here.

And by me the scrolling is also fast, except I was 2h in Safari. Then Accordance is bogged down. Since ever. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Edited by Fabian, 03 February 2017 - 08:19 PM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

Sierra 10.12.4

Accordance 12.0.3 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.5

Accordance Mobile 2.4.4

#31 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

1. Fabian is right, as his search results show, he only fits 5 bible versions on the screen at one time, so you can only compare 5 translations at one time, which is not that useful. Imagine if the first line was greek, and you want to compare 10 different translations of a verse with the first greek one.

2. When I take my premade workspace, which I have managed to squish 11 translations into (you see about 2-3 verses in each panel), and I use the button to line up all the panels from top to bottom with the menu for each panel on the left—scrolling within (for example) the greek panel, to the next verse, has a lag time of about 2 seconds for the rest of the panels to catch up. Although, I just tried it now, and there wasn't lag time. Perhaps my computer was doing something else to slow it down while I was testing it.

Edited by Ιακοβ, 03 February 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#32 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

What do you mean the 'title of the texts' separate from the contents?  Which size are you looking to increase?

You can change the line spacing by going to Set Text Display via Cmd-T (Control+T on Windows), the Display menu, or the gear menu in the top right of the pane.

Thanks Joel, I mean the research panel. For example, if I research gen 1:1 in a custom group of five bibles, I would like to adjust the size of the titles of the texts which are displayed in bold fonts into smaller size and I would like to reduce the space between title and text in research panel, I couldn't use "Cmd-T" to call Set Text Display to adjust them. 

• Ιακοβ likes this

#33 mgvh

mgvh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted Today, 06:03 PM

I'm using BibleWorks also and make heavy use of the parallel Greek with English versions view. (I even have it set up so that it's a one-click deal to paste it all into Word.) For my students' sakes, however, I'm looking to switch to Accordance. For now, I'm just using the Accordance Lite, so my questions might be solved simply with the Greek and Hebrew Discoverer package I'm considering.

1. @William Cross: I've got the horizontal panels, but where is the "Tie the Tabs" together option?
  2. Once they are tied together and appear as they do in the graphic that @Fabian has, can that be copied / pasted into Word?

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users