SBL Hebrew and Mellel

Ken Han

Hi.

I'm trying to type "sin" (as opposed to "shin") using SBL Hebrew in Mellel, with Hebrew-QWERT layout. One can type "shin" by pressing shift + w but I cannot seem to find what the right key is for "sin." I'd appreciate any help! Thanks.

Ken

I'm trying to type "sin" (as opposed to "shin") using SBL Hebrew in Mellel, with Hebrew-QWERT layout. One can type "shin" by pressing shift + w but I cannot seem to find what the right key is for "sin." I'd appreciate any help!

There is a Mellel forum for these questions, but I can enter it by typing option + W.

Regards,

Martin Shields.

Ken,

In case you didn't know, you can see the entire keyboard layout for any selected layout in OS X. If you have the keyboard layout menu item accessible in the upper right hand corner, you can click on it and select "Show Keyboard Viewer". That will bring up a window showing all the characters accessible.

Don't forget that if you press shift while this window is open, you'll see what all the keys produce using shift+ (whatever) the same goes for the other modifier keys like option, control and the apple key... press each of those keys, or combinations and you'll see what can then be typed. This is a powerful tool for learning a keyboard. I was amazed what was accessible to me.

Here's a screenshot of that area of my screen:

post-687-1186587337_thumb.png

@autopistis / Martin,

Thank you. I posted this question here, thinking people around here are probably familiar with SBL Hebrew. I did post the same question at Mellel forum, too.

Ironically, my problem was actually relying on the information from Keyboard Viewer. On my system, at least, SBL Hebrew in Hewbrew-QWERTY has problems displaying the dots correctly in Keyboard Viwer.

In Mellel w types "sin" with no dots above, shift+w types shin, with dot on the upper right corner, and opt+shift+w types sin, with dot on the upper left corner. But in the Keyboard Viewer the dots are represented in a misleading manner. Hence my confusion. Thanks again for your help!

Archived