From Parallel to Zone

Michael P Finkelstein

So, why is there not an icon to quickly open a parallel resource (like an apparatus or such) to a new zone? As we know, the zone format scrolls in synchronization with the search text. There are times when one wants to search the resource for something in conjunction with what one is reading. So why not allow me to quickly click on a link to duplicate the resource to a new zone to access the search entry? As it stands, I have to call up the library, find the resource, open it, the run the search. I move that you program an option for me to quickly call up the resource with a click.

• Like 4

I agree that this would be a good add-on.

It's a neat idea. The way I get around this is to select a word in the parallel tool, right-click and search for Word. This opens the tool in another tab, with the search of course, but it's much quicker than finding it in the menus or library.

• Like 2

+1 for Helen's work around. Add a few more words to your selection and you'll be sure to get to the exact same place.

Or just use ⌘D to duplicate the tab (and any search entry) then drag it to a new zone.

Thanks!