Demo / Fullversion bug

Fabian

Hello

A student had Installed to try the Demo and later he has bought the full version. Both versions was then installed on his PC. He had then troubles to download the contents. After 2 weeks of trying I saw him yesterday and led him to delete both versions and only install the full application. So all problem are solved. 

But I might it would be good in such cases that the download which are running from the full version want run anyway. Or a dialog box comes with instructions etc. 

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 months later...

Now there is a new bug. The Demo is deinstalled but If he Install the full version in the Win 10 list of the Apps the Demo is still listed. Thats not the problem but maybe the reason why. If he want to use the Get Verses Accordance crash immediately. 

We had tried with reinstall the full version but, no change for the better.

Greetings

Fabian

Fabian,

It is odd that AccordanceDemo is still listed in the program list of the control panel.  You may want to try and remove it from there again. 

If you see some AccordanceDemo folders, and you do not see Accordance Demo in the list of programs in the control panel, you can run:

AccDemoCleanup from C:\ProgramData\AccordanceFinalClean. 

In any case, the GetVerses feature should be working in the demo and in the full version.  Neither is sharing any files.

Was the student ever able to use the GetVerses feature?  What language is his Windows system?  

Hello Orly

Thanks for your fast answer. 

To your first Question: I don't know. He had bought it on my request after trying the Demo, but I had given him this week a short entry in Accordance. Then he asked how to do for this feature? And I tried then but Accordance crash every time. In the help files is nothing written to give permission like for the Mac. So this must go without additional permissions.

For me it was the first time to use Accordance on Win 10, I'm a Win 10 lay person. My old XP is only running for mp3Tag etc.

The language is on German.

Thanks for your advice I will test it next week.

Greetings

Fabian