Proxy setting for Windows 7 Accordance Ver 11.1.2

gordonhooker

Hi All,

I am a new addition to the Accordance world, I was pointed in this direction via Bill Mounces book "Basics of Biblical Greek Grammar".

I have been a heavy user of Olive Tree Bible Study for quite a few years now (my first version was on the palm pilot) and have a very large library.

After seeing what Bill could do with his reverse interlinear, and Greek interlinear I decided for my language and word studies this was the way to go it was just so easy compared to my other application.

At home I had no problem loading v11 and my purchases on my iMac and MacBook Air as they are not behind a business firewall. When it came to installing on my Win 7 machine behind the firewall I kept getting network time-outs, which basically means Accordance is ignoring my Windows network proxy settings (my other app does not have this issue).

I got around this initially by using my turning on my hotspot on my smartphone to do the initial installation, but I intend to purchase more bundles in the near future and don't want to have to use my phone data allowance to download large bundles.

Can someone give me pointers on how to configure accordance to use the windows 7 internet proxy settings?

kind regards, Gordon

Gordon, there are some diagnostic logs that are usually stored on your system when these sorts of errors happen. Can you look to see if you have any, and if so, can you send them to us?

If they exist, they will be in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Accordance

Now, by default on most Windows systems, the C:\ProgramData folder is not visible. If you don't see it, you'll need to change your 'show hidden files and folders' on in order to see it.

Under that folder, you may have a WinExcept.txt file (which we'd like to have a copy), and you may see a \Logs sub-folder. We'd like to get the contents of that folder, especially files dated around when you got the problem.

If you can find any of these files, please respond here, or PM on the forum, and I'll PM you an email address to send the files.

And if you need more details on how to do any or all of this, just ask and I'll try to help.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Scott...

It did not log anything in the C:\ProgramData\Accordance during account connection it seems the issue on our side of the firewall. We use wpad and auto proxy detection. I have I set a manual proxy it tries to work, but we are not supposed to do that. :)

I do have a WinExcept.txt file but it only contains a record of moving files as follows:

MoveTheFile from to, C:\Users\ghooker\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences\My Places.apref -- C:\Users\ghooker\AppData\Local\Temp\My 184C.tmp :: 32

Do you still want me to send a copy of that?

Cheers, Gordon