unable to download purchased books

thepriceizrite

I recently purchased the Preach the Word commentary series, but I am having trouble installing it.  Every time I go into Accordance to download it (under the "easy install" option), I get one of two error messages: "There was an error attempting to download the file via FTP.  Please contact technical support." Or I get: "Internet connection timed out - process cancelled."  I have tried downloading it on both my home WiFi network and the one at my school, and neither one works.  So I don't think the problem is with my internet.  I have Accordance 10.3.3

I have attached screenshots of each of the error messages.  Could somebody help me out?  I am pretty new to downloading on Accordance.

Thank you!

post-33691-0-36039000-1455381583_thumb.png

post-33691-0-16739900-1455381589_thumb.png

On Mac the following suggestions may help:

Check to make sure that you are running the latest version of Accordance as well. Any version older than the newest maybe causing the issue as well, particularly earlier versions of 10.

Check in System Preferences/Network/Advanced/Proxies and make sure that 'Auto Proxy Discover' and "Auto Proxy Configuration' are unchecked. If you need to uncheck them,  click OK and then click APPLY.  Then try the download again.

If it still doesn't download, then please go back to that same 'Proxies' page and at the bottom of the page where it says Use Passive FTP mode (PASV), switch the check box selection (if it's checked, uncheck it and if it is unchecked, check it) and then try again.

In rare instances the permissions need to be reset on the Accordance folder.

• 7 months later...

I have a similar problem just with a large purchase: Theological Journal Library 16 

I am running 10.4.5 on El Capitan, 10.11.6.  Tried fixing the proxies and all. Still no go.

The Journals download, but then when I click install Accordance crashes, giving me the "want to recover" dialogue by Accordance restart, and then I have to start over.

Please help!

It's hard to support older versions. Accordance 11 has many improvements in downloads and installs, including the ability to choose individual items within a package.

You can request a screenshare session from our tech support, so they can see what is happening to the downloads.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this reply. I would like to request a screenshare session. Thanks.

Daniel

Please email support (at) accordancebible (dot) com.

They will tell you:

Please contact us on Skype (oaktreesupport) and we will try to help you. You can also download 'TeamViewer' from https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx(it's free and fast) and send us your Teamviewer user ID and password and we will be able to access your computer with a screen share to help correct this issue for you.