Mark 1:6 - Syntax Searching (possible bug)

rwrobinson88

Ran into what I believe is another bug.

This is the search I ran:

post-33565-0-63661700-1455620325_thumb.png

Notice in the results, Matthew 27:24 seems to be a correct hit. But, it skips to Mark 1:45 (good hit), not getting Mark 1:6.

post-33565-0-38646700-1455620332_thumb.png

I'm guessing just a tagging issue.

Thanks.

Hi Ryan,

I was just looking at this. The highlighting on Mark 1:45 looks a bit odd. It only highlights one leg but seems to not highlight the phrasing in the second leg :

Μάρκον 1·45 ὁ δὲ ἐξελθὼν ἤρξατο κηρύσσειν πολλὰ καὶ διαφημίζειν τὸν λόγον, ὥστε μηκέτι αὐτὸν δύνασθαι φανερῶς εἰς πόλιν εἰσελθεῖν, ἀλλ᾿ ἔξω ἐπ᾿ ἐρήμοις τόποις ἦν· καὶ ἤρχοντο πρὸς αὐτὸν πάντοθεν.

κηρύσσειν πολλὰ is highlighted but I would have expected διαφημίζειν and possibly other words to be highlighted as well. I wasn't quite sure what you mean by "(good hit)" here. Did you mean it looked correctly handled or that it should have been and wasn't ?

Agreed on Mk 1:6 - looks like it should have been included.

Thx

D

Yeah. I was looking over the highlighting issue because all of the searches I had been doing were having highlight issues. But, now that the new release came, it seems that this should of been fixed, but it wasn't. Not sure why only κηρύσσειν πολλὰ is highlighted :/.

What I meant by a good hit is the whole structure of predicate>complement>dependent complement (2x)>Predicate (2x) is within mark 1:45. But, it isn't highlighting that whole phrase. 

Edited by RyanWRobinson

We unfortunately weren't able to get all of our syntax fixes into 11.1.4, as we needed to post it for security reasons.  11.1.5 is underway with the remaining fixes, so please just be patient a bit more :)

• Like 1

Thanks for that hard work Joel. Appreciate it. 

• 4 weeks later...