Paratext evaluation

Helen Brown

I just saw this thread. Logos has integration with Paratext 9, is there any chance that Accordance could also integrate?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just saw this thread. Logos has integration with Paratext 9, is there any chance that Accordance could also integrate?

Yes please. Logos is in the area of importing contents so far ahead. I often regret to have chosen the Accordance path.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would really love to see Bible translation feature in Accordance as USFM/USX, USFX import. This would give us also more features for import of Bibles in Accordance. 

A multi line tool with the source above. I Think of a feature after the translation of the verse is done to drag and drop the the words, one by one, from the source to the related word(s) in the new translation, so the key tagging from the source is then also on the new translation. The drag and drop only transports the key tagging. This means if the new translation is finished it is also key tagged with not a huge amount of work, because the tagging goes then nearly by the way. And then the next verse. 

In this way the translator don't have to know which Key the word e.g. Elohim has. He simply drag the word Elohim from the source over the word God in the translation and the word in the translation is then tagged with Strong's H430 or the G/K number. Maybe the key is then visible, but in a smaller font under the word God, so the translator know which word he has tagged. Maybe the background color could changed in the source and in the translation if this step is done. And a filter to turn on and off which shows in arrows which words belongs together. 

For skilled and trained people they can, so my vision, could load a Bible from the Accordance portfolio in this translation tool. Not for changing the translation, this is turned off, but to tag the Bible, during the daily reading or so. In a few years Accordance would have the most tagged Bibles from all Bible software. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...