Furigana (Rubi) for Japanese Bibles

Fabian

Hello

I have seen you go to (Nippon) this year with the seminars.

It would be great if you can add till then the Furigana/Rubi functions.

And more Japanese Bibles.  Shinkaiyaku 3rd ed. (with furigana/rubi), Shinkyodoyaku, Kogoyaku 2008, Japanese Living Bible, Gendaiyaku, Emmaus Publishing New Testament, Tsukamoto New Testament, Bungoyaku New Testament (with furigana/rubi),

And for Korea: The Korean Living Bible

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to second this request. I currently have the Shinkaiyaku in Accordance, and the furigana support (the little pronunciation guides over characters included in the printed editions of this Bible) would be a great help for reading and studying. 

The addition of the Japanese Living Bible (1977) would be nice for reference, as well as the older Kougoyaku (Colloquial Version, 1954).

Additionally, for the Shinkaiyaku, it would help if the edition were noted somewhere. A new, major revision of the Shinkaiyaku is expected to be released in 2017, after which time an update would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Todd

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The Ruby is in the OSIS Bible format in this way <w gloss="ひ">引</w>. 

Please support such a feature in Accordance too. The Sword Project does it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_character 

Or as instant Details. 

I'm also definitely sure the Japanese Bibles offered from Accordance has original also the Furigana/Ruby included. So I saw it in the print Bible from the same version as the new Accordance Japanese Bible modules.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I see a few Japanese Bibles which are very often in the international Bible section of the Accordance Top Selling Products. Thats great and if Accordance would develop more Bibles and for other languages too then you can sell more. Interesting facts: Japanese has not much christians according to Wikipedia. So it would definitely make a great step forward if you decide to bring Bibles for languages with more christians. And also for fewer languages like S'gaw Karen. Once you argued often there is no e-text, now since there is an e-text, you argued about the time and effort . The JW translate more Bibles per year than Accordance bring to the store from finished e-texts. 

It is great to see a Japanese localization in Accordance. 

But now it would be cool if Accordance would support Furigana/Rubi and Kanji etc. for the Japanese Bibles as this Bible Software does. https://www.abiblesoftware.com/abible/index.html https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/a-bible-4/id1464114530?l=en&mt=12 It has also a character palette to write in the different scripts of Japan. The feature was visible in the old internet site.

It would also be great if the Accordance Tool and User Tool would support full unicode for languages like this. Also unicode support in the GoTo box. In the "about this text section of the Bibles. etc. 

Thanks for your attention. 

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1