Notes - improvements

farcas

The notes feature has greatly improved over the past couple updates. But there a few items that I think still need some improvements:

1. Entering or copying/pasting Original languages (especially RTL) into notes is still highly problematic.

--To date I have avoided using the notes altogether because the Hebrew is still problematic. Even when I copy right from Accordance, it still creates problems.

--This is especially the case when mixing between RTL and LTR text or when coping pasting from a mss transcript that uses "^".

--Also, any kind editing of RTL usually ruins the whole line.

--Manual entering of Hebrew can also create problems.

--Copying out of the notes is a problematic as well. Never comes out right despite making sure my settings are set right.

2. Taking notes on a selection

--For this I imagine that I would (a) select word(s) in text and ( B) add a note (CMD + U)

--Accordance would then automatically (a) open up the notes file and ( B) copy and paste my selection in my note 

--It also would be nice if the copy and pasted text was sealed like the references are and kept in the right word order

3. If #2 could work, then would be nice to have an automatic highlight attached to the selection for the note

--I would imagine this could be controlled just as easily as the rest of the highlighting

--Also, I'd love to see changes to the notes being made from within the notes

4. Add the option to create charts.

--Word charts are great. But having these become part of the notes would allow for very specific notes on every word segment.

5. Fix Notes display when a parallel pane.

--Many times I see notes in a parallel pane for a different verse than I'm currently in.

--For example, right now I'm in Ps 63:12 and I have note thats up for Isa 50:4.

--Maybe an option to display only notes for that specific verse...?

Thanks!

Edited by farcas

6. Auto cross reference

--It would be nice if when the user created a link under one reference, there was a corresponding note posted under the reference

--If #2 would work from above, then the corresponding note under the other reference could also include the selection

I'd be curious to hear how people are using notes and how they surmount some of these issues...

Are there work arounds I'm missing?

Thanks!