List of Books in Library

tony10000

Is there any way to generate a CSV file showing the complete list of books that I have in Accordance?  I have been able to generate similar lists in Logos and for all my Kindle books (using Calibre) and have been able to create databases from them which are very useful.  If this is not possible, it would be great to have such an option.

• Like 6

No Tony, it is not possible, but a fairly regularly requested feature. I am not on the development team, so I am sorry I can’t give you any idea if we are working on it or not.

It is definitely something that could come in very handy...

-Dan

It really does...I use HandBase on my iPad and iPod touch and it is nice to have lists of my books with me.  I am also checking out Airtable and that allows me to access my databases on the PC as well.

• 5 years later...

I've been cataloguing my books with GoodReads and having the list of my Accordance books would come in really handy. Thanks to Goodreads, I can track all my books --except for my Accordance ones.

You can export the library to RIS format. You could probably work with that in Python or some script to convert it to the CSV you need.

The format of that file type is documented see Wikipedia.

Thx

D

Yes, you can export to a RIS file (select individual books or folder, right click, Export All Data). I use Zotero (< a free, outstanding tool!), and it imports very nicely with all the bibliographic info.

BUT...

You cannot export bibliographic data for any of the primary Bible texts (Hebrew, Greek, English versions).

I've been asking for Accordance to enable this feature for some time...

I ask my students to document their sources, so it is an important feature to have.

Agreed the texts data would be necessary to add. I didn't realize it was missing. So not the entire library yet ...

Thx

D