Text color in Sacred Bridge

Brian W. Davidson

I own a print copy so I know the actual text is multicolored, and that is helpful, but the teal color is really difficult to read on iOS. Can anything be done to change this?

post-32384-0-95565700-1457386518_thumb.png

Not ideal but you could try putting it into night time mode...

-Dan

It's a good idea, but unfortunately then there are new colors that are difficult to read in TSB in night mode.

• 5 years later...

On this topic, I’m running into some hard-to-read blue font on black background in night mode. Does anyone know if there is a way to customize this level of the text?

2021.08.13 - Screenshot - 6.37.19.jpg

2 hours ago, mbjohn2 said:

On this topic, I’m running into some hard-to-read blue font on black background in night mode. Does anyone know if there is a way to customize this level of the text?

2021.08.13 - Screenshot - 6.37.19.jpg

No, but I'll see what I can do to tweak the color in this module to fix this issue.

• Like 2

Hi mark,

colors (colours) please. Even on a light background the cyan is a bit light and magenta a bit in your face. 

while im at it, it would also be nice for quotes to take the same font size as the standard text. Ive reported this on a number of modules and it seems to be a formatting setting in the style that doesnt pick up on user settings. 

thanks. 

7382E480-8A19-44AF-8D27-8B220D49D5A9.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

the pink is cool though!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ukfraser said:

colors (colours) please. Even on a light background the cyan is a bit light and magenta a bit in your face. 

while im at it, it would also be nice for quotes to take the same font size as the standard text.

We do our best to match the style of the print volume. If our quotes are a small size, it's because that's how it's done in the print volume (or at least it should be. It's always possible we've made an error here). Likewise for the colors. We don't have a lot of room for play with the Accordance color palette, but we try to match the print standards as closely as possible. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

Mark,

Why do you say:

"Likewise for the colors. We don't have a lot of room for play with the Accordance color palette,"

you allow full access to all system wide colours in the customise theme dialog boxes (hence my frequent requests for a style sheet function)?

29 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

We do our best to match the style of the print volume. If our quotes are a small size, it's because that's how it's done in the print volume 

Thanks mark, I just wonder if its time accordance reconsidered this approach.

as we can change the background page colour, the text colour and the text font and size, paragraph setting and leading plus other settings and if the user is doing it to make life more comfortable for reading, why set a style limitation? Surely this is one of the major benefits of ereaders is to make the reading easier by controlling the page which you cannot do with a dead tree version, otherwise we could be using pdfs.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Leopold Green said:

Mark,

Why do you say:

"Likewise for the colors. We don't have a lot of room for play with the Accordance color palette,"

you allow full access to all system wide colours in the customise theme dialog boxes (hence my frequent requests for a style sheet function)?

That range of colors isn't currently available to content developers.