Highlights migration for the user Bibles

Guntis

Hi!

Now whenever I import user Bible, Accordance adds ° at the end of the User Bible name. Like this: Latvian Bible 1965°. I had previously imported Latvian Bible 1965, now it has different name and as a result it's missing all the specific word highlights. Could you add some migration tool to move highlights to the new name(s)? Otherwise I have quite a lot of highlights sitting in the highlights file, which won't be shown anymore anywhere.

There is a migration tool for highlights, but probably it doesn't work on User Bibles.

There is a migration tool for highlights, but probably it doesn't work on User Bibles.

In such a case, it would probably almost be better not to allow highlights, if we are going to lose them upon updating the file. Well, no, maybe at least a warning when we start to highlight a user Bible that says something like, "You may highlight this user Bible, but keep in mind that the highlights will be lost if you later update (or "re-compile" or whatever the technical term is) the Bible."

Updating the text would normally not cause an issue, we just had a one-time renaming of User Bibles, so the older version had a different name.

We'll see if we can handle this better in 11.1.5, perhaps with an easy migration.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now I have 11.1.5. Still, when I open highlighters palette, I see it offers to migrate highlights from GNT-T to GNT28-T, and from WBC-OT to WBC-OT-36, and from WBC-NT to WBC-NT-26. I think I have already migrated highlights 2-3 times for these modules, but migration suggestions come back again. Why? 

And I don't see any migration offer for Latvian Bible 1965 to Latvian Bible 1965°. Not implemented yet?