JSP/JPSS linking/scrolling bug

DavidKrishef

The JSB does not link/scroll properly with JPSS, at chapter 14. JSB keeps jumping back to chapter 13, because the first note in chapter 13 is tagged, 13:1 - 14:52. This makes it very difficult to get to the rest of the JSB notes on chapter 14. The JSB panel seems to keep pulling the JPSS panel back to chapter 13, and the JPSS panel, when it gets to chapter 14, pulls the JSB panel back to chapter 13.

We'll take a look at this to see if we can make any improvements.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey David, 

I'm looking into it now. I believe you're reading in 1 Samuel. Looking at JSB, they're aren't any notes for 1 Samuel chapter 14 for the verses 1 and 2, which seems to be causing the jump to chapter 13 notes in JSB when scrolling to chapter 14 verse 1 or 2 in JPSS (hope this makes sense). Scrolling to 1 Samuel chapter 14 verse 3 should get you to chapter 14. If this is the case, then this is actually how the linked panes are supposed to function. Let me know if this is what's happening or if you're having other issues.

Thanks, 

Chris

David

As a workaround, once i have got both text and resources in the right place, i switch off synching (very easy in ios) so you can look at the notes independently of the text and vice versa. And switch synching back on when i move to a new section. Some of the commentaries have large sections and i find i unsynch quite frequently.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1