Faster Instant Details popup on Ipad

mrderek

Hi there

I find that I have to hold down the ipad for approximately 3 seconds for instant details to pop up. Now that might not seem like a long time, but when I'm reading through a greek or hebrew passage that I'm unfamiliar with and do not want an interlinear, holding down 3 seconds really adds up. Can there be a feature which lets us adjust the speed in which instant details come up?

Thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

Can you give us some details on the iPad, Accordance Mobile version, and maybe a screenshot of an example instant details lookup?

Mike 

I tried on my Gen 3 iPad which is no speed demon and i get pop ups usually around 1.5 seconds... over several tests I did get one or two that were longer. I am very anxious to get my hands on a new iPad, but waiting for the new Air 3/Pro Mini (whatever they name the one to be released later this month). But considering my iPad's age I had thought if there were major speed issues mine would be affected...

-Dan

I've got an iPad 2 and certainly doesn't take 3 seconds. Between 1 and 1.5 seconds is about the time. Obviously there has to be some sort of lag in order to tell the difference between just touching the screen to move it and actually selecting a word.

Yeah, three seconds is definitely out of the ordinary. I noticed the release of 2.0 introduced a bit of lag in pulling up Instant Details, though. But my experience has been more like Steve's--usually pulling up in about half a second or less on iPad Air 2.

3D Touch...?

Not on an iPad 2 :(

Thanks for replies

Ok so I tested my iPad and timed it. It actually takes around 1.5 seconds (quicker than it felt). I think what I would like it the ability to simply tap a word and have the instant details come up.

On the macbook, hovering over words shows instant details straight away. I'm hoping for some sort of possible equivalent in the iPad.

Derek

I looked at it again, too. It's about half a second or a little more *once I tap-hold and the word is selected*, but that word selection isn't instantaneous.

But since you mention it, I do miss the 1.x way of quicker pop-ups of Instant Details.

Given the option, personally I'd like to hold down on a word as we do now, but to just tap on a cross-reference. I really dislike the way cross-references work now - tapping to bring up a popup with bible references that don't show or link to the texts.

While I like the idea of just tapping on both words and cross references, having both can make it quite fiddly to tap the right location. It took years for Olive Tree to get the tap-zones just right for my use, and the Kindle app still struggles to differentiate between me tapping on a cross-reference or tapping to move on to the next page.