HITS Command modifiers

farcas

The HITS Command is a powerful thing, allowing for interaction between different searches and a whole lot of other sophisticated inquiries. Part of the fun is the three modifiers: Keys, Inflected, and Tags. But to me there is seems to be missing an important option: roots.

I'd love to see Roots added so that I could take all the Roots I found in one search and drop them in another search.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I can't see straightforward way to do this but agree it would be useful.

+1

Thx

D

• Like 1

Presently this is all there is:

The modifiers are Keys, Inflected, and Tags. Only the first character of each modifier needs to be entered.

[HITS=k tabname] uses the list of Key numbers from the source tab (Key numbers option, Key numbered text).
   [HITS=i tabname] uses the list of words (inflected forms) from the source tab (Words option, grammatically tagged text).
   [HITS=t tabname] uses the list of entire tags from the source tab (Tags option, grammatically tagged text).

I'd like to see the addition of a fourth:

[HITS=r tabname] uses the list of roots (minus ננ and לל) from the source tab.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Is there any movement on this for a future release? I could really use it. I'd love to see it around the corner.

Thanks!

No more people expressed an interest in this, so I doubt we can make it high on the list of priorities. Since the roots are a separate database, incorporating them in a search is a little more difficult.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just checking in on this to see if there's any more interest....

I think it would be great to take all the roots in a passage and search for them in another passage. It'd be powerful!

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Still very very interested in this feature. Roots are incredibly important for any rigorous searching of Hebrew texts.

Thanks!

Also related to root searching... key command like we have for lemma ( ⌘ + 4 ) would be awesome!

Thanks!

The HITS Command is a powerful thing, allowing for interaction between different searches and a whole lot of other sophisticated inquiries. Part of the fun is the three modifiers: Keys, Inflected, and Tags. But to me there is seems to be missing an important option: roots.

I'd love to see Roots added so that I could take all the Roots I found in one search and drop them in another search.

Thanks!

+1

Still very very interested in this feature. Roots are incredibly important for any rigorous searching of Hebrew texts.

Thanks!

Also related to root searching... key command like we have for lemma ( ⌘ + 4 ) would be awesome!

Thanks!

Yes I have requested this in minimum twice. command+6 is free (also for Key searches).

My solution for now is to add the magnifying glass to the Symbolleiste post-32723-0-97648400-1487577339_thumb.png. Now if I want to do a root or Key search: with pressed shift and klick on it I go straight to this.

Greetings

Fabian

• 1 year later...

Bump... any movement on this: 

HITS option to grab roots

Key command to search for a root quick

Roots are where its at!