Simple Study - How to do in Accordance?

Tom Castle

Hey there.

I know I can do a subject search for Clothing and then go through the resources. I was hoping that someone would show me a really efficient way to do this type of study.

Say I wanted to study and learn about the customs of King Davids time as it relates to clothing? What type of clothing did they wear? Were there any important customs regarding them during that time? Etc...

Are there any best practices to efficiently get this information out of Accordance?

I appreciate any and all help.

Be blessed.

You could always search in Research, but nothing beats being familiar with what's in your Accordance Library. Manners and Customs in the Bible is a great resource for your question, and this title is in most collections. 

I believe the forums are having trouble with Accordance Location URLs, but here is where you can find the information in that title that addresses your question:

accord://read/Manners_&_Customs#432

• Like 1

Anchor Bible Dictionary has a good article on DRESS AND ORNAMENTATION. I am sure you would find articles in the other smaller Bible dictionaries.

I agree with the above statements! I would use a bible dictionary or possibly a background commentary. Maybe even search clothing in the research tab!

Thanks for mentioning the Manners & Customs module. Didn't realize that I had it, or what I could do with it.