How to find 1 Enoch?

Ιακοβ

When I read text in modules that refer to 1 Enoch, I don't get a link. I am pretty sure I would have a module with one 1 Enoch though.

When I search the module list for Enoch I find nothing, or use the "research" box to search for 1 Enoch, I get a whole lot of random stuff.

I do have a bunch of modules with the name "Pseudepigrapha" which maybe would contain Enoch, but when I open them, there is just a bunch of verses, no index or menu or anything that would help you see what "books" are in them.

How do you find it? 

Thanks!

PS: I can search for Enoch 1:1 in one of them and it appears to give me a collection of verses, but not many, i.e.:

post-33292-0-98238200-1458261722_thumb.png

Even if there was 1 Enoch in the greek, I could get by with that I think, but I can't find that either.  It looks like there are 60 chapters in 1 enoch. If I translated one chapter per day, id have an english version in 2 months. (Depending on how strange/hard the greek is in 1 Enoch though)

Text modules don't utilize the same browser that the Tools use. But if you open one of your PSEUD Texts, there is a Go To box at the bottom right corner of the pane that you can use to find the contents of that resource.

• Like 1

There is a 2Enoch in this module (Pseudepigrapha 2 Charles) so perhaps 1Enoch is just Enoch. I don't know and I cannot find any prefatory material to see if this is so. Looking at the Greek there is an Ενωχ Α which is running parallel to Enoch in the English. So I would guess that's how it is. It looks like Charles has a bunch of prefatory material if you get the PDF from archive.org. (As an aside is that material available in Accordance or could it be made so ?). It mostly refers to 1 and 2 Enoch, but some footnotes differ.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Text modules don't utilize the same browser that the Tools use. But if you open one of your PSEUD Texts, there is a Go To box at the bottom right corner of the pane that you can use to find the contents of that resource.

Thanks, Thats a handy tip!

There is a 2Enoch in this module (Pseudepigrapha 2 Charles) so perhaps 1Enoch is just Enoch. I don't know and I cannot find any prefatory material to see if this is so. Looking at the Greek there is an Ενωχ Α which is running parallel to Enoch in the English. So I would guess that's how it is. It looks like Charles has a bunch of prefatory material if you get the PDF from archive.org. (As an aside is that material available in Accordance or could it be made so ?). It mostly refers to 1 and 2 Enoch, but some footnotes differ.

Thx

D

Yea, I think that the "Enoch" might be "1 Enoch" but the numbering is a bit weird. i.e. theres no chapter 46 in Accordance.

Im still not sure if you can say they are the same though, as it turns out that verse 1 is the same in PSEUD-T and PSEUD-E, but in PSEUD, it is missing "and the righteous will be saved" (καὶ σωθήσονται δίκαιοι).

All I am trying to do is comprehend and follow an article in from the "Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels" and now I have a whole other puzzle to solve.  :wacko: