Accordance 11 Freezing in Windows Constantly

parker234

I am a user who has used the Mac version of Accordance for ages. I recently upgraded my computer to a high-end Windows machine. Unfortunately, about a week in to using this system Accordance has begun to freeze up every time I start it.

I open the program, it asks if I want to restore the recent session. I say "No" (or "Yes". It doesn't make a difference) and then it opens and just sits there. My mouse highlights the words, but the windows don't scroll, and I can't type anything. The menus at the top don't respond to my mouse clicks. My keyboard arrows don't move the cursor. It's just stuck. If I do Ctrl+Alt+Delete and restart the program, it makes no difference. It still goes through the same routine. Even when I restart the computer it still does the same thing.

I'm stumped, and I need this to work so that I can do my school work, so I'd love it if some sort of solution was possible.

Edit: I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Then I shut down and restarted before I reinstalled. It still hasn't helped.

Edited by parker234

I solved my problem. I never got to the bottom of why this freezing was happening, but my first uninstall, I didn't remove the content of Accordance, only the program. So I completely uninstalled everything, and I manually deleted every Accordance file, including the ones in the documents folder. After doing a completely new reinstall the problem is solved. However, I have two concerns:

1) Since I have no idea why this happened I'm concerned that this could happen again.

2) I just spent three hours redownloading everything, which isn't very cool.

It would be good if this glitch could be solved, simply from a bug-catching perspective.

Which version of Accordance are you running? There is a Safe Mode option available in 11, however, I'm not sure if it's available in earlier versions.  Here are a few forum posts regarding the Safe Mode option ... here ... and here.

Also, depending on which version you are on, there are certain startup files that can be removed that would keep you from having to remove all of Accordance and your products.

Hi Julie, your suggestions are good. His post title suggests he is using Acc 11.

Hi Julie, your suggestions are good. His post title suggests he is using Acc 11.

Thanks, Ken. I zoomed right past that and was looking at his profile :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Which version of Accordance are you running? There is a Safe Mode option available in 11, however, I'm not sure if it's available in earlier versions.  Here are a few forum posts regarding the Safe Mode option ... here ... and here.

Also, depending on which version you are on, there are certain startup files that can be removed that would keep you from having to remove all of Accordance and your products.

Thanks a bunch. I was having a similar  problem as the OP with only  the tool icons active. All the panes would be frozen and I would have to use ctrl-alt-del to close Accordance 11. (PC/Win 10). The safe mode did the trick for me. I  checked off the top three 'User' boxes which displayed when I held down the Alt key while starting Accordance.

For a moment I had serious concerns of reinstalling.

In the future, what start up files can be removed that you mentioned above?...just in case.(Accordance 11.1.6)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch. I was having a similar  problem as the OP with only  the tool icons active. All the panes would be frozen and I would have to use ctrl-alt-del to close Accordance 11. (PC/Win 10). The safe mode did the trick for me. I  checked off the top three 'User' boxes which displayed when I held down the Alt key while starting Accordance.

For a moment I had serious concerns of reinstalling.

In the future, what start up files can be removed that you mentioned above?...just in case.(Accordance 11.1.6)

I found the culprit...the root of my problem. DROPBOX...so I unlinked it and voila!