Can't find specific words in the user notes by using Find/Replace command

Guntis

Today I pasted lengthy text in my user notes from the Kindle, wanted to clean up this pasted text. Pressed Command+F, typed in the Find field "Read more at location" and in the Replace field "(Location", but Accordance didn't find any instance of this phrase. I see several instances where this phrase is used. Please fix Find/Replace.

Guntis,

I don't now if this is part of the problem, but I encounter the same thing when I copy and paste from my Kindle highlights into Pages.  When i try to do a search for "Read more at location" to do a replace, it does not find them.  I have to actually physically highlight and copy the phrase and then paste that into the search dialog.  Not sure why it works that way, since they appear to be identical to the eye, but there is something in the text brought in from Kindle.  It might be the same thing here.  Have you tried to physically copy the text you are searching for and put it into the search dialog?

In Christ,

Bret

If I paste text as plain text, I see that between words instead of empty space some other code is used. Probably Accordance doesn't accept that code in the Find field and converts it to ordinary space, and therefore texts don't match.

That is what I suspected.  It seems to be something in the way the Kindle highlights are done.  I suspect that if you specifically copy the words you want to find from the Kindle highlight itself ("Read more at location") and then paste that into the search dialog, you will then be able to find all occurrences.  And I am not sure there is anything Accordance can do to fix it, since the problem is really coming from Amazon.

In Christ,

Bret

Accordance could add "transparent" conversion in the background. Whenever text is pasted in the user notes, it could find and replace certain characters to a simple space.

Edited by Guntis