Choose localization?

mlanglois

I updated Accordance 11.1.5 on my Mac and was surprised to see it has been localized in French.

I guess this is the default behavior, since my Mac is in French, but I want to stick with the English interface.

I couldn't find any setting anywhere that would let me choose between localizations.

Did I miss it somewhere? Otherwise, can this be added to the next version? And in the meantime, can I go back to 11.1.4 (or is there a settings file somewhere that I could edit)? Please help! :mellow:

Oh yes this would be good. I have Accordance on German, but the Helpfiles are in englisch, so it would be good if we can switch.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks Daniel, it did help:

• To launch Accordance once in English, open a Terminal window and type the following command:

/Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/MacOS/acord -AppleLanguages '("en-US")'

• To permanently launch Accordance in English, open a Terminal window and type the following command:

defaults write -app Accordance AppleLanguages '("en-US")'

I'm glad to have Accordance back to English! I suggest an option be added somewhere in the Accordance settings menu to choose between default localization and a specific one. But for now, this will do! ;)

Edited by mlanglois
  • Like 1

Cool. Nice to know it works. Thanx for testing it.

Thx

D