NIV Enhanced tagging issues

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Mac 10.11.3

Acc 11.1.5

I just got the NIV 2011 with Enhanced G/K tagging and have been going over Rick Bennett's video introduction https://vimeo.com/112889642.

A couple of things I noticed.

1. The [key ndt] search shows the pins offset from the position at the end of the word :

post-32023-0-22452900-1459824888_thumb.jpg

2. This odd case where there are two adjacent ndt pins and a note. Here the pins appear one either side of the note and the mouseover for one of them does not cross-highlight as the note takes precedence.

post-32023-0-97612300-1459825055_thumb.jpg

3. Earlier in the video this search is shown *@-[key *] and it is shown to produce no hits in the NIV G/K. In 11.1.x it does produce hits now. These appear to be the secondary words in the phrase tagging. This may well be intentional but I ask as it is not how the video shows it. I don't personally mind particularly, at least I don't yet think I mind, but I would like to know if this was a deliberate change.

Thx

D

Daniel,

I talked to Joel about this today. Evidently when I performed that search it was during a time when there was a bug which was not producing accurate results key number texts. That was subsequently fixed (for all Keyed texts), and now the results are as you see. We talked about the results and agree that it is technically correct. The way we represent the phrase tagging is to assign a key number to the primary word(s), yet indicate the secondary words via instant details and shading. 

The point I made is still true: every word in the NIV11 is accounted for, but that search is not the way to illustrate it. I will talk to Rick M. about adding some sort of disclaimer on the web article for that video.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanx Rick. Makes sense and I do not think I have a problem with it but mentioned it because it stood out from your demo.

It would be good to get the alignment of the ndt pins adjusted though.

Thx

D