NIDOTTE: pagination error

mortenjensen

Hi,

I've stumbled over a pagination error in NIDOTTE vol. 4: at page 538/539 a page i skipped (accord://read/NIDOTTE#41450) for which reason the rest of the pages are numbered one too low.

Another thing: when you search for a page number below 5, accordance will also count volume numbers as a hit. This a but cumbersome. The best thing, really, would be a possibility to enter volume-numbers so that you do not have to browse through the volumes to the one, you want to look at (maybe that is possible now?) - the next best to separate volume numbers from page numbers and have acc only showing page numbers.

Morten

Oh, one thing more, if I may: In TDOT, the entries are marked with a square. In NIDOTTE, this is also the case in the printed version - but not in Accordance's version. This would actually have been quite helpful, since the squared boxes also provide the #-numbers. This would have made it easier to pin-point exactly, which entry you are looking at. I don't know if it is possible to update the acc-version of NIDOTTE with this. If, it would be great.

Found another page-error:

- vol 2, p. 682 should be vol 2, p. 690.

Morten

Looking into this now. BTW, it's a bit cumbersome, but you can identify both volume and page numbers by separating out the periods and commas with asterisks, as in Vol * 4 * p * 549

Thanks!

Mark

Thanks, Mark, will do that if I find more.

Morten

I don't know if my previous comment came out correctly. I meant to say that you can enter "Vol * 4 * p * 549" in the page number search field of Accordance to find both volume and page numbers in NIDOTTE. 

Oh, just me that is slow. Now I get it. That's good, though a bit cumbersome, as you suggest. But at least a way to skip browsing through hits.

Perhaps this was a thing to change easily? When searching in PAGE NUMBERS, acc. could accept vol 4,123 as string as well?

Morten