Want to sell NIV Study Bible Complete Library?

HansK

Do you own the NIV Study Bible Complete Library?

It contains the NIV Study Bible 1985 edition.

If you want to sell this Library to me (that is: transfer the license), please contact me.

Hans

• Like 1

Thank you Tony, I will get a brand new CD, unused package.

I used your Amazon link.

• Like 1

I remember that I bought an older CD-ROM pack.  I had to extract the individual module files from the system directory on the disk and then register them with Accordance.  Some of the earlier CD packs are not compatible with modern Mac operating systems.  I hope you are successful.  Paul.

• Like 1

Yes, if you find these older CDs still online, make certain you register them. 

• Like 2

Thanks Paul and Rick.

In about 2 weeks I will have the CD and hope to contact Support for unlocking the files.

The NIV SB 1985 was the first SB for me (besides the good old Scofield, which SB I did not use much)

Hans

• Like 1

So if I buy a unopened copy of the physical version I can use the CD key to unlock the accordance version?

• Like 1

So if I buy a unopened copy of the physical version I can use the CD key to unlock the accordance version?

You will need to contact Support. The software on those old CDs will probably not run on any newer Macs since the switch from PowerPCs to Intel processors. And they won't run in Windows at all because there was not a Windows version when those CDs were pressed. 

• Like 1

Most Zondervan CDROMS came unlocked. So there is no key.

-Dan

• Like 1

Rick, its going back a bit, but I'm sure I had to download an emulator (pre-intel) whch helped me access the directory and files on the CD. In any case I was succesful in accessing the modules.

Paul

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

It would be easier just to contact support and let them add those titles to your account. Then you could just download them in Easy Install. 

• Like 2

Yes, that would make sense.  Us Brits like to complicate things :-)  

I think it was before all the modules were avialable on-line.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 2

It would be easier just to contact support and let them add those titles to your account. Then you could just download them in Easy Install. 

Just to clarify, if we buy the 1985 study bible CD-ROM from amazon for $7.08 (it is at the moment anyway), there is a way to get these modules added to our Accordance? (I would love very much to have both the 1985 edition and the notes in my Accordance)!!

Yes, what Rick is saying is that if you have  an official copy that you can prove to Accordance that you have purchased they will add those modules to your account which you can then download online without having to extract them from the CD.  From that point forward they will officially be added to you online account. 

• Like 1

I wonder if it is possible to buy the module without first buying the CD-ROM (I can't see it when I search).

I wonder if it is possible to buy the module without first buying the CD-ROM (I can't see it when I search).

So I know the older modules like NIV84 will not be selling anymore over the Accordance shop.

Greetings

Fabian

Someone may correct me, but I believe you need to buy a hard copy on CD before Accordance can register it.  That is the only way to have access to some the older Zondervan modules,. i.e those that are no longer available through the Accordance store.  I believe it's to do with the licence of older editions, when they have been superseded by new material.

Someone may correct me, but I believe you need to buy a hard copy on CD before Accordance can register it. 

Almost for certain. As I said I do not believe you will find any codes in any of the Zondervan CD-ROMs (I do not remember the EBC/NIDNTT/NIDOTTE but do know locked ones modules for the other three were on each others CD-ROM for a quicker purchase. Otherwise you do not own something you claim to own. Accordance would while be within their rights for due diligence to ask for proof ownership, ie. a photo of the CDROM with your identity. or something like that. I know I was in a catch 22 the other day because while Accordance program could see I had the WBC there was no record of purchase since I had bought the CDROM in a second hand bookshop in Calgary. I had been asked for proof of ownership when I did the upgrade but no idea if I even have the CDROM since I had read earlier there was no need to keep the old CDROMS around... I think my box of Accordance CDROMS is still around some place but i stopped trying keep track of it once i was told they were not important.

-Dan

I think my box of Accordance CDROMS is still around some place but i stopped trying keep track of it once i was told they were not important.

I still have all my Accordance CDs/DVDs (going back to 1998) in a box. For some reason it's difficult to throw them away. If I ever do, I'll take a photo of them first :-)

• Like 1

My oldest is from 2003 :-)

IMG_0016.jpg

I still have all my Accordance CDs/DVDs (going back to 1998) in a box. For some reason it's difficult to throw them away. If I ever do, I'll take a photo of them first :-)

Rick you have then them to bring to a monastery and to bury. 

In 1000 years they will be found as codex Accordancis then.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I'm a "Johnny-come-lately" the oldest I have are from early 2009. I started out with Accordance 8. I bought some of the Zondervan CD's early on and used my digital camera to take a photo of the unopened CD's. I found the support to be extremely cooperative in helping me register them. Needless to say, I like the Easy Install much better. 

Note: if you buy an old CD which has been used, the seller has to transfer the rights to you.

You cannot contact Accordance and do an automatic unlock for you.

My CD is underway now and the seller has confirmed me that I get a brand new package.

Hans

Hello Rick (or anyone else who might know), I know this is a long shot but does this registration through Accordance work with hardback copies of books we own as well? For example, I just purchased the OL package and I was sad to learn it only had the abridged version of Brown-Driver-Briggs and that it cost $50 to upgrade to the complete version. I already own the complete hardback copy of BDB and really don't want to have to shell out another $50 to upgrade it on Accordance. I also own tons of complete hardback copies of Study Bibles/Commentaries and would really like them in digital format but don't have the money to purchase them in digital format.

Thanks for your time!

Sorry Roman6: that's not possible. Although many Accordance users sell their paper copies on-line and put the money towards a digital copy.

• Like 1