android mobile app accordance

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Aaron Smith

Aaron Smith

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Apologetics, Biblical Languages, Church History.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

I've had two iPhones both were terrible so I won't be purchasing another. I had to invest in Logos so I would have some resources on my Android phone. Still hoping we won't have to wait too long for the Android app.

http://www.amerebreath.com/

הִנֵּ֤ה טְפָח֨וֹת ׀ נָ֘תַ֤תָּה יָמַ֗י וְחֶלְדִּ֣י כְאַ֣יִן נֶגְדֶּ֑ךָ אַ֥ךְ כָּֽל־הֶ֥בֶל כָּל־אָ֝דָ֗ם נִצָּ֥ב סֶֽלָה

- Psalm 39:5

#22 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:49 PM

My advice: get an iPhone, you'll love it!

Unless you like listening to music, in which case you have to have a chunky adaptor poking out of the end to use any sort of decent quality headphones.

• William B likes this

#23 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,438 posts
  • Platforms:None

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:11 AM

The adapter is far from chunky.

#24 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

The adapter is far from chunky.

I guess it depends on how big your pockets are yes? My phone already sticks out of my pockets, I don't need another 5cm poking up out of my pants. No my friend, I have certainly purchased my last ever iPhone.

Furthermore, you can't charge and listen to music at the same time. I assume this is not a problem unless you listen to music a lot? But you can always get this $60AU double adaptor :D

http://www.theverge....le-charge-music

Edited by Ιακοβ, 06 November 2016 - 02:59 AM.

#25 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

Since I work at a desk most of the time I use a base that charges my iPhone and has an audio jack out that I plug my headphones into. So yes I can do both at the same time if I need to.

#26 Randy W. Sims

Randy W. Sims

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Technology, Music, Camping, Hiking, Photography
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:49 AM

Randy:  all of that is easy on our Apple Mobile app. I am sure we aim for that on Android, but the system is so different that we are having to write much of the code from scratch. We may decide to release it before it reaches full parity with the Apple app.

My advice: get an iPhone, you'll love it!

Thanks, Helen and all who've answered. The mobile app does sound like it does exactly what I want and more. That is great news. An iPhone is not in the cards: I ordered a Pixel a few weeks ago and it's due this week, and I have a strong preference for Android. I might be convinced to pick up an iPad mini, however. I'm due for another tablet as mine is getting a bit old and slow; and 7-8" tablet is the form I prefer most for "casual" study. Again, though, I really have a strong pref for Android. Nothing against iOS, just a personal pref. Not sure which way I'll go yet. If the Android app were "coming soon" I know I'd wait--I may wait a bit and see and if I soon get impatient I'll pick up a iPad mini. But my most pressing question is answered; I now know the app will do what I need whether on iOS or Android. Thanks for the answers.

Accordance 12.x for Windows
Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970 (Dual Monitor); Win 10 Pro x64
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T: Core i5; 4GB RAM; 256GB SSD; Win 10 Pro x64
ASUS Nexus 7 | Samsung GALAXY S5 | Apple iPad Pro 9.7

#27 Michel Gilbert

Michel Gilbert

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:heritage homes, antiques, gardens, fresh food, good coffee, live music, ויין אשר ישמח לבב אנוש (Ps 104,15)
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

Hi Randy,

Just some thoughts that might help you decide on an iPad mini.

I also prefer Android to iOS, except in the area of productivity apps for biblical studies. But on the OS side, I'd have to say they are quite similar and iOS is easy to get used to. I'd recommend a mini as a very stable and powerful device. I've had absolutely no problems.

My advice would be to get a mini and enjoy all the features now. Then, by the time the Android app appears, all the bugs are ironed out, and its features are on par with the iOS app, you can switch back to Android. If the iOS app keeps developing at a rapid pace, it might be some time before the Android one catches up anyways.

I think it's becoming normal to have many different operating systems for different purposes. I myself have a Windows 10 Pro i7/x64 Dell Laptop, an x64 Asus Linux laptop, an OSX laptop, an iPad Mini, and BlackBerry phone, and I use them all.

Regards,

Michel

• Randy W. Sims and Ιακοβ like this

Accordance 12.2.2 & 2.6.2

Mac mini, High Sierra, 10.13.2
   iPad mini, 11.2.2

Android beta, 0.73

Huawei, Android 6.0.1

#28 William B

William B

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:27 AM

I have the samsung 7 inch tablet Randy and it seems really good.  I would personally say avoid apple, I was a massive apple fan, it was through them I discovered accordance and bought my first packages on my Macbook.  However, since Jobs passed away the company has lost its grip on general reality.  I know people spoke of Steve's distortion reality field, however little things like the removal of headphone jacks, the new crippled MacBooks etc show that the company has got so wrapped up in its own pretense that its deteriorating and becoming unreliable for consumer productivity.

I find it insane that you can go into an apple shop and get a new Macbook and a new iphone and the two would not be able to sync together without an adaptor.

Just my view through :)

I may have said it already in this thread....really looking forward to the new android app.

#29 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:31 AM

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the latest Apple products.
  • Julia Falling and Fabian like this

#30 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:04 AM

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the latest Apple products.

+1

Latest in 5 year all are happy that NO adapter will ever be used again. How we say in the German part of Gods world: "Better an end with a catastrophe, than a catastrophe without  an end!". A pain for decades comes to an end.

I dream: I would love had seen that my ex-Amiga computer would have only one sort of connectors and I would be able to play Monkey Island on a bigger screen. With a larger HD than 20MB etc. But the Amiga has passed and we look now to the future.

Atari, Amiga, PC, Mac, Ti, Commodore, igadgets etc. everyone had his own connectors. Thank God this nightmare comes to an end.

Edited by Fabian, 15 November 2016 - 11:11 AM.

• Julia Falling and Ken Simpson like this

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with SuperRetina OLED, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Accordance 12.1.5 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.2.1

Accordance Mobile 2.5.6.8946

#31 sacha zemp

sacha zemp

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Mac, italian coffee, old commodore computers, a good book, delta quadrant

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

Hi Fabian
In Zurich there is a vintage computer exhibition in the red fabric. Rote Fabrik. I will go there to reminiscent of the old days...

Bye

Sacha

• Fabian likes this

#32 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:00 PM

Who needs an exhibition. most of us probably still all have 'old' tech stuck in a drawer (old being relative). I still have my first bbc with a pascal chip for programming.

;o)

https://en.m.wikiped.../wiki/BBC_Micro

Much as i dont like where apple is going (i got a mbp before they changed them), im not sure i would go back to android. My first phone was android but i couldnt get software upgrades from my phone contract supplier.

Edited by ukfraser, 15 November 2016 - 04:04 PM.

• Daniel Francis and Solly like this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#33 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Much as i dont like where apple is going (i got a mbp before they changed them), im not sure i would go back to android. My first phone was android but i couldnt get software upgrades from my phone contract supplier.

Security update availability has always been the main reason to stop me even considering Android as an alternative for an iPhone, now that we have this unfortunate "no headphone socket" situation, I have been forced to look at Android more closely. It seems that if you buy your phone direct from google (i.e. the google pixel) then you do get updates direct from google. So the security situation seems greatly improved as long as you bypass the phone companies.

#34 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:41 AM

if you buy your phone direct from google 

And Google knows all. Also with the Google Apps of the Chrombook. For me also a nightmare. I didn't use Dropbox, or iCloud for the same reason.

I use https://www.ixquick.comfrom Netherland as search engine. 

iMessage from Apple

Swiss secure:

https://www.incamail.com to send encrypted emails.

for encrypted file transfers http://www.wesendit.info

https://threema.ch/en an end-to-end encrypted messenger

I don't use Facebook or WhatsApp, Insta.. etc. I also don't like people who has a me in their contacts and use an Android system, WhatsApp. Because I don't want to be in a shadow profile only while this person and that person has me in the contacts. 

Edited by Fabian, 16 November 2016 - 02:58 AM.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with SuperRetina OLED, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.2.1

#35 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

And Google knows all. Also with the Google Apps of the Chrombook. For me also a nightmare. I didn't use Dropbox, or iCloud for the same reason.

Oh? I was under the impression that as long as you avoid all of the Google Android apps your data is reasonably separated from Googles servers? (i.e. Use your own mail app with your own mail provider, your own calendar app not syncing with google, etc) Is that not true?

#36 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:16 AM

Oh? I was under the impression that as long as you avoid all of the Google Android apps your data is reasonably separated from Googles servers? (i.e. Use your own mail app with your own mail provider, your own calendar app not syncing with google, etc) Is that not true?

They don't know for example what you have in the messages, but they make shadow profiles of you in the way who is connected. And as you are like your "friends" they know also  a lot from you. 

Greetings

Fabian

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.2.1

#37 dandennison

dandennison

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:17 AM

I've opted for what I think is the best. A Google Nexus or Pixel phone, and an Apple iPad for running Accordance.

Yes, as the owner of very many Accordance modules, I'd love an Android app. But you what I'd love more? Feature parity in the iOS app vs Mac Accordance.

#38 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

Hi, i used to have that mix with a very early htc phone but quickly changed. i dont think we will ever get parity and im not worried.

If you want parity on a tablet, then i think you need something that runs a full os like the surface pro.

Wish apple had given the ipad pro a full os, perhaps one day...

Edited by ukfraser, 16 November 2016 - 09:29 AM.

• Douglas Fyfe likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#39 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 838 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Great news for Android fans: attendees of SBL/AAR can stop by the booth and see a running demo of Accordance Mobile running on an Android tablet!

• Nathan Parker, Timothy Jenney, Daniel Francis and 5 others like this

#40 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

Any chance of a video for those of us only able to drool from a distance Mark ?

• rokas, Emanuel Cardona and Aaron Smith like this

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua

ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν

lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac                 Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
      Intel Core Duo                          Intel i7 Kabylake
      12GB RAM                                16GB RAM
      Accordance 11.2.4 and 12                Accordance 12
      OSX 10.11 (Yosemite)                    Win 10 Home x64

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, mobile, app, accordance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users