android mobile app accordance

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,463 posts
  • Interests:My grandsons Micah and Nate!
    Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:28 AM

Great news for Android fans: attendees of SBL/AAR can stop by the booth and see a running demo of Accordance Mobile running on an Android tablet!

Now I AM jealous and wish I was in San Antonio with all the folks.

• Julia Falling and Brian K. Mitchell like this
Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator
Administrator, Accordance Exchange
Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#42 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:28 AM

I have the samsung 7 inch tablet Randy and it seems really good.  I would personally say avoid apple, I was a massive apple fan, it was through them I discovered accordance and bought my first packages on my Macbook.  However, since Jobs passed away the company has lost its grip on general reality.  I know people spoke of Steve's distortion reality field, however little things like the removal of headphone jacks, the new crippled MacBooks etc show that the company has got so wrapped up in its own pretense that its deteriorating and becoming unreliable for consumer productivity.

I find it insane that you can go into an apple shop and get a new Macbook and a new iphone and the two would not be able to sync together without an adaptor.

Just my view through :)

I may have said it already in this thread....really looking forward to the new android app.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree with your assessment of the latest Apple products.

Scott – We, like you, have been very happy with our Apple products.  We've owned Apple machines since the early 80's, and our first new Apple, a IIe, is in the basement and still boots up.  In all those years, we have not had a single device fail – not a desktop, laptop, or mobile device.  Worst thing that happened was having a HD quit on a Wall Street PowerBook that we bought used.  Easily replaced.  We went from 4GB to 20GB – Wow!

As far a connectivity goes, it is only the MacBook that lacks ports.  It is a very lightweight, trim machine – perfect for some.  Not my first choice.  The new 13" Pro with TouchBar, however, has 4 Thunderbolt ports.  That is the machine I hope to buy a couple of years from now.  As it is, I still remain completely satisfied with my MacBook Air.  I've had it go on battery for more than 13 hours.  Boots up fast.  Runs Accordance like a dream.

We bought new 9.7" iPad Pros in the spring (2016).  We both love the Touch ID.  We both use the Bibles on our iPads in church.  

And we don't think quality or design have taken a hit since the death of Steve Jobs.

By the way, the little bit of Apple stock we have has done very well, also.

The Apple/non-Apple debate has been going on since there have been Apples and non-Apples.  I don't expect that to change.  I'm grateful we have optionsBut I will admit that my husband and I both rejoiced when his PC exited our home when he retired and he didn't have to use the miserable thing anymore.  

Julia Falling

13" MacBook Pro Mojave Acc 12
mid-2017 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
16 GB RAM;
512 GB SSD

iPad Pro iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

iPhone XR iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Mojave Acc 12
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

#43 tony10000

tony10000

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

As I know Accordance doesn't do vaporware, I wonder if this means that the Android app will be available soon?

Tony Thomas

www.zoeproject.com

Windows 7 and 10 Systems

iPad Mini 2G 

iPod Touch 5G

#44 rcdeacon

rcdeacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:08 AM

One can only hope it will be available soon!

Bob Deacon

2017 MacBook Air, Accordance 12

MacOs 10.14 Mojave Public Beta

Ipad Air 2

IOS 12 Public Beta

Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows 10 Spring 2018 Edition

Interim Pastor

Buckhorn Baptist Church

Como, NC

#45 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:45 AM

As I know Accordance doesn't do vaporware, I wonder if this means that the Android app will be available soon?

This is pure speculation but if Accordance is showing it off at the conference I would guess it is a late alpha, hopefully they are almost ready to beta test it publicly  (indeed internal beta testing may already have been done) and then who knows Android users might have a great Christmas gift (PLEASE NOTE no insider info, pure speculation and hope for Android users). In any event with a app they feel comfortable in showing off we know things are getting closer...

-Dan

#46 tony10000

tony10000

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

Well, if it isn't ready for general release, I hope they will have an open beta so as many people as possible can use it and stomp out the bugs. That way, a relatively bug free release version can emerge quickly.
  • Garrett likes this

Tony Thomas

www.zoeproject.com

Windows 7 and 10 Systems

iPad Mini 2G 

iPod Touch 5G

#47 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:22 PM

Dan, i notice you very wisely didnt specify a year!

'and then who knows Android users might have a great Christmas gift'
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#48 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

Lol hoped for this one but I will be bold and say Accordance will have released the android version by December 25 2020.

Lol

Dan
PS: Cyborg version to be released following year. Cyborg being a future OS on some future platform lol

Lol hoped for this one but I will be bold and say Accordance will have released the android version by December 25 2020.

Lol

Dan
PS: Cyborg version to be released following year. Cyborg being a future is on some future platform lol

Edited by Daniel Francis, 19 November 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#49 Garrett

Garrett

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:mokathought

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

Well, if it isn't ready for general release, I hope they will have an open beta so as many people as possible can use it and stomp out the bugs. That way, a relatively bug free release version can emerge quickly.

Sign me up for that beta test!

swo.png

Garrett O'Hara | Th.M. Dallas Theological Seminary | U.S. Navy, 2007–2014

I make instructional videos about how to use Accordance, etc. at Bible Software Guy.

#50 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:01 PM

Question. Do you think accordance will give the android app version numbers or names? And if names, based on what????

;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#51 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

Question. Do you think accordance will give the android app version numbers or names? And if names, based on what????

;o)

I think they changed the name to Accordance Mobile, because they startet in that days with the Accordance Mobile for Android.

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#52 tony10000

tony10000

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:33 PM

Any pictures?

Tony Thomas

www.zoeproject.com

Windows 7 and 10 Systems

iPad Mini 2G 

iPod Touch 5G

#53 cruh_PEL

cruh_PEL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:12 PM

Sitting here, patiently waiting, rapping my fingers on the table, using Logos and Olive Tree, but hoping beyond hope that Accordance for Android is released one day soon.
  • Daniel Francis and PhilT like this

#54 gordonhooker

gordonhooker

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Franciscan spirituality, lawn bowls, family, and riding my Harley.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

I would love to put the android version through its paces... being an android developer it will be interesting to see what the team at accordance do. I go back to theological college next Feb 27 so I would love to have it on my galaxy S10 tablet.

Pax et Bonum, Gordon

#55 William B

William B

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

I think (way back when) that a significant ios release happened on Christmas day (cant remember if it was the original or not,,,,) so Im hoping Android is coming then.  If not we riot....not sure how that works on a forum, but lots of creative preachers here, im sure we can work something together ;)

My only grumble is I just gave my Android phone to my step son (he sat on it and broke it in half...but thats another story), however my samsung tablet will be making use of this....as long as its compatible with kitkat!

#56 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,438 posts
  • Platforms:None

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

I believe this is the only public announcement of a time period for release that i have seen on the forums.

https://www.accordan...rdance/?p=98859

#57 gugu009

gugu009

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

from the link "We will have an Android version of Accordance Mobile in 2017."

is it possible to narrow it down a little more (we won't get mad if the prediction is off)

Q1? Q2? Q3? Q4?

1st half of the year? 2nd half?

hoping to buy an ipad once the new ones come out in march, but my samsung note 5 wants some of that action too...

#58 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,555 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

Sorry, we don't deal in vaporware. It will be released when it is ready.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#59 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

Sorry, we don't deal in vaporware. It will be released when it is ready.

Appreciate that but you did set of open Pandora's Box with the sneak peak at the SBL/AAR... Good luck on getting out for the Android users, even if nothing more is to be reported till nearly ready.... At least the demo proves it is not Vaporware, I remember one software dealer came in 3 years late with their product and I am not even sure it was really being worked on in 2004/5 (it was promised release by December 2005).

-Dan

#60 gugu009

gugu009

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Appreciate that but you did set of open Pandora's Box with the sneak peak at the SBL/AAR...

At least the demo proves it is not Vaporware,

+1

either way, excited for it to come out, as many of us are!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, mobile, app, accordance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users