Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Any news on the Android app?

#62 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:48 AM

I believe Helen stated there wouldn't be anything to report till they were entering the beta testing phase. Perhaps someone at Accordance has something to say but other than a call for patients I am not sure there is going to be anything they will report. I know I was less than ideally patient waiting for the iOS app so I understand wanting to know, but not sure we will hear anything more from them till public beta.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis, 27 April 2017 - 11:48 AM.

#63 jstein360

jstein360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

Man, I cannot wait for the Android app!

I hope you'll let some of us in on the beta whenever that's ready.  :)

• Daniel Francis likes this

#64 gugu009

gugu009

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

accordance fb comment from 8/13: "The Android app is coming soon."

can someone do a word study on the word "soon". haha

supposedly, its going to be out by 2017, which leaves 4 months, but who knows

Attached Files

Edited by gugu009, 18 August 2017 - 08:00 PM.

• Daniel Francis likes this

#65 Martin Zhang

Martin Zhang

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

Christ will come SOON. Christians have been saying this for about 2,000 years.  :lol:

My second hand iPhone has lived a long life. Seeing a certain company is cooperating with a certain country to help with its surveillance, I'm seriously considering switching to android. I just added a to-be-adroind app to my profile a few hours ago.  :rolleyes:

Martin

Accordance v.12

MacOS High Sierra

iOS 11

Win10 Pro

Android? ??

Accordance tutorials in Chinese.

#66 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

I do not believe I ever saw anyone official from Accordance actual say it will be out in 2017, I know I said from the release schedule of iOS after it's sneak peak it would seem likely to be released this year indeed I said probably before summer.. but I always tried to say this was pure speculation. I also know there was great sadness in the mobile division when one their own went on to his reward. I do not know if he was working on only the iOS or android too but I sort of stoped speculating when I realized how poor my speculations were (on the plus side I never endorsed the September Apocalypse nor the October 13, 2017 one (or any other one ever for that matter)). While the coming of the Android app is less mysterious and more widely known than Christ's return date, I will not be bold enough to give a date again and apologize if anyone has drawn a release date from my ramblings. The android app has obviously been more complex to build than the iOS version was, I wish all my Android using friends luck but since we have not even heard of public beta testing yet so it is hard to know when the program will be ready to be officially released, although i dare suspect a lot of you will be happy enough to get a beta version on your phone.

-dan

Edited by Daniel Francis, 07 October 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#67 gugu009

gugu009

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

I do not believe I ever saw anyone official from Accordance actual say it will be out in 2017

https://www.accordan...rdance/?p=98859

of course, as dan mentioned, definitely acknowledge "the great sadness" with God calling one of the team members home.

all said, we're just excited with anticipation for when the android version is released.

personally, while i have a mac laptop and an ipad (love being able to use accordance on the ipad), still haven't made the jump to the iphone and so there's times when I wish i can access accordance on my phone, which is always on me.  don't always carry the laptop and the ipad around.  once the android version is released, i will be able to access accordance across all my devices, so again, just excited with anticipation for when that day comes.

• Daniel Francis and Michel Gilbert like this

#68 DLeavins

DLeavins

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Thank you, Accordance, for working on bringing your excellent software to Android. I look forward to it as well with all the others who have commented. 

And I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your team member. 

#69 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,375 posts
  • Interests:My grandson Micah!
    Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
    Sierra 10.12.2
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Today, 12:53 AM

I know that we can now say we are in internal alpha testing for a small number of staff. It is coming along, and definitely before the end of the century :-)

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator
Administrator, Accordance Exchange
Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, mobile, app, accordance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users