Finding inflected Greek word

sunmin Cho

I tried to locate the inflected greek word, "??????," whose lexical form is "????????," which is hard to guess by instinct because of the change from ? to ?. :( However, I pretended I don't know the lexical form and try to find out the meaning in my Scholar 7.1. When I put "??????" in the blank, setting "GNT -T", and hit ok button, the window "Select Lexical Form" popped up. However, I couldn't find the lexical form. First of all, if I only know the inflected form, not the lexical form, there is no way that I can find the lexical form. I opened the lexicon and dictionary, but they weren't helpful. Is there any way that I can find the lexical form and meaning of the inflected greek word about which I have no idea?

wrong post. Sorry. I didn't know how to get this off.

If you are reading the Greek text in Accordance, all you have to do is place the mouse over the Greek word; the instant details window will pop up and show you the lexical form and gloss (brief definition).

If the word isn't immediately in front of you, search for the Inflected form by:

Going to the Search Menu and choosing "Inflected Form" OR

Pressing Command-J OR

Enter "=apeste" (with the quotes) in the search box.

Once you have found it, you can mouse over the word to get the lexical form and gloss.

If you search the Greek tools for "Greek Content" (instead of "Greek Entry"), you may also sometimes be able to find the word. I couldn't find apeste in the UBS or the other Greek tools that come with the Scholar's Core Bundle. But BDAG contains more inflected forms than those tools.

Lorinda

Sunmin:

Since I also receive an email of new posts, I have restored the post that you tried to remove, which I think is right because others may have the same question, and Lorinda gave a good answer. I just do not know what Greek words you had in there.

If the Instant details box is not open, you can open it from the Window menu. Selecting the word and clicking on Parsing in the Resource palette also shows the lexical form=lemma.

Archived