Browser in Converted User Tool

Julia Falling

I posted this under the General Accordance Topics and haven't yet solved my problem.

Steve King posted there that the User Tool (or Tools?) he  has converted to a Tool maintained the browser.

I'm assuming I've done something incorrectly.  Help!  I miss my browser.

EDIT:  Running Accordance 11.1.6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I converted a User Tool and the browser disappeared.  Is this normal?  

Is there a way to jump to a particular topic or get my browser back?  I saved a compressed version of the Tool in a separate folder before converting.  Not really paranoid, just cautious. 

Thanks

Edited by Julie Falling

Hi Julie I've just done a couple of tests on this and there is definitely a bug.

I set up my original converted user tools in a previous version and they do not appear to have the same problem. I set up a test user tool with some headings as follows:

post-30494-0-07765500-1460542587_thumb.png

Note that the browser headings match those in the user tool. I then converted it and got the following:

post-30494-0-71293500-1460542663_thumb.png

Note that the first 'T' heading and its subheadings no longer appear in the browser.

I then tried it with just one 'T' heading in the user tool as follows:

post-30494-0-76922800-1460543005_thumb.png

When converted there was no browser entry which matches your problem as follows:

post-30494-0-67886200-1460543065_thumb.png

There also seems to be a strange issue on the first letter of the fourth heading which does not match the expected font. This happens in the original user module creation. Possibly something to do with me copying the data from one tool to another.

I will add a post to bug swatters pointing to this.

Edited by Steve King

Thank you for checking this out, Steve.  I'm encouraged that this is not a user error.  

Here is what my Tool looked like before conversion –

post-330-0-89781800-1460569547_thumb.jpg

And after.  There is no browser at all.

post-330-0-06625700-1460569669_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the report, Julie.  It seems as though the first article (and any of its subarticles) are being skipped.  We've fixed this for the next release, but in the meantime, you could add a dummy or title article at the top of your user tool to resolve this issue.

Thanks, Joel.