Strange Formatting when Copying & Pasting Hebrew into Mellel

pbboeckel

I am a new Mellel user who is experiencing a problem when copying and pasting Hebrew from Accordance.

I have Accordance set to export with SBL Hebrew, but when I copy and paste into Mellel it defaults to Helvetica Neue (if someone can explain how to change the copy & paste default to SBL Hebrew, I'd appreciate it). After copying & pasting, I can change the font to SBL Hebrew and everything looks fine with the exception that strange superscripted arrows appear above the verse numbers (see the attachment).

Does anyone know how to get rid of these other than going through and manually deleting them, which is a major pain. They only appear when the font changes to SBL Hebrew in Mellel.

Thank you for your help,

Ben

post-33139-0-06397600-1460568783_thumb.png

I can't answer all your questions, as I'm not a regular Mellel user. However, I suggest you change your export preferences to Unicode and try selecting the Accordance font. I tried both it and SBLBibLit and they both worked fine.

post-29215-0-31420900-1460577377_thumb.png

• Like 1

I use Joe Weak's Accordance Automation Scripts to get text into Mellel. If you do it this way, the script will put the text where you want in the font and format you are in. I use linguist's software fonts for Hebrew and Greek and I get to use my fonts with these scripts.

http://macbiblioblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/downloads.html

Thanks for the tips.

My preferences are set to export with unicode. I tried changing to the SBLBibLit font and encountered the same problem with the arrows above the verse number. 

I also discovered that when I copy only a couple of verses that the issue does not occur. It seems to happen when copying a lot of verses (e.g., a chapter).

There must be a coding problem somewhere in the background, possibly having to do with switching between right-to-left and left-to-right texts. The question is whether the problem is on the Accordance or Mellel side of the equation. The fact that everything works fine copying into Mellel with one or two verses is very strange.

Ben