Notes

jbloodwo

This may be in "The Fine Manual" But I have not bought that yet so allas i have not read it.

I have recently started taking my power book to church and am trying to figure out an easy way to use the personal notes or somthng like that for taking notes during the sermon. I know that there is the personal notes Feature and i did try that tonight but was wanting to have semon notes seprate from personal study notes. Also, I do not necessarly want the notes tied in with a specific chapter versre I guess i am wantting more of a journaling type method for doing this. Is there this type of feature in Accordance?

May thanks and May GOD bless all of you.

If you have Accordance, you already have the manual . . . several of them actually. Inside your Accordance folder, you'll find a PDF User's Guide, as well as an abridged Mini-Manual. Either of these is a great source of information about how to use Accordance.

Now, to answer your question. It sounds like your best approach will be to use the User Tools feature of Accordance. Click and hold on the My Tools button in the My Stuff section of the Resource palette and choose "New User Tool." Give your user tool a name like Sermon notes and save it wherever you like on your hard drive. A blank user tool will then be opened. Now choose Edit User Tool from the Selection menu (or use the keyboard shortcut command-U) to open an edit window for this user tool.

In the Edit window, simply enter the text you want. If you want to specify that a paragraph is an article title (e.g.: "Sermon for July 10, 2005"), drag your mouse into the left margin of the Edit window and click beside that paragraph. A red T will appear to indicate that this will be a title. You can also specify subtitles by option-clicking in the margin. To specify a hypertextable Scripture reference, enter a reference, select it, then click the Scripture link button.

When you're done editing, click the Update button. Voila! You've just created your own Accordance tool of notes which are not tied to a particular verse.

That's a crash course in User Tools, but I hope it helps.

David,

I'm only part-way into "Reading The Fine manual" :-) but I found your suggestion to be very helpful! I've created such a note (user tool) already, thank you very much!

On a related topic, how might I tie the information in a user tool back to specific Bible chapters and verses? What I'm thinking of is adding a study guide of sorts. I'd like to be able to select a study guide section/paragraph or whatever, and have it open the related Bible verse. Is that feasible, or should I continue RTFMing? ;-)

Thanks!

-- Jim

...how might I tie the information in a user tool back to specific Bible chapters and verses? ... should I continue RTFMing?

Joe,

That hit the nail on the head - thank you! :-)

Considering how easy these User Tools are to set up, has anyone used this as a way to distribute custom study aids?

Enjoy!

-- Jim

• 1 month later...

Archived