User tool deleted during synchronizing

Chuck Schneider

Using 11.1.6 on my macbook pro, I wanted to copy some of my recent work out of a user tool.

I noticed that the user tool was a month older than the one I have on my iMac, so I synchronized with DropBox.

After the synch completed, the user tool wasn't updated, so I went to preferences and saw that user tools was not selected for synchronizing.

After checking that box, I performed another synch and this time, I got two messages saying that, in order to complete my synch with drop box, my session had to be restarted (or something like that).

I accepted both times and noticed that my user tool was gone from my macbook pro.

Then I synched from my iphone and my user tool disappeared from my phone, too (I realize this was silly, but I was distracted at the time).

After this, I went looking in my dropbox folder and found that all of my user tools were gone.

Since my iMac is running at home, there's a fairly good chance that my user tools are now gone from my iMac as well.

I have TimeMachine, so I'll get this worked out later tonight, but it seems like a pretty serious bug, so I wanted to post about it.

Hi Chuck,

I would log in to your dropbox.com account and look in Dropbox > Apps > Accordance > User Tools. Then click on the trash icon to show deleted files. Hopefully, the deleted User Tool appears and you can restore it. 

This is the best way to recover deleted files (from Dropbox) because you choose the latest file from the sync history and can reliably propagate the file to your Mac and iPhone.

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Thank you! I'm back in business!