6 replies to this topic

#1 msfrans

msfrans

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

I was trying to watch a few of the older podcasts 21, & 23 but was unable to, as I no longer have Quicktime 7 on my PC.

Very recently Apple announced it was not supporting Quicktime 7 (windows 7), version. Because of the lack of support it was recommended that Quicktime 7 be removed from PC's since WMP supported almost all apple formats. 

Well it appears that your Podcasts 60 and below do not play in windows but require Quicktime, podcasts 61 and up play OK in a vimeo window.

Is there any solution other than reinstalling an unsupported QT7.

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,586 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:09 PM

It's a very unfortunate situation. I'm sure that more than Accordance will be left in the lurch by Apple's decision not to update Quicktime on Windows. Some of the older videos are on our Vimeo and YouTube channels, but not all. Fortunately, Tim is revisiting some of the subjects in the older Lighting the Lamp installments, so I believe the oldest videos won't be missed in the long run.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#3 G Springer

G Springer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Discipleship
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:19 PM

VLC Player will play just about anything.

#4 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,892 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

^  http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

#5 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

I tried 21 (m4v) and 79 (mov) on WMP and "Movies and TV" on Win 10. Both played them fine. As Win 7 is now desupported except for a few remaining special cases and is also a free upgrade, unless you have some other reason not to upgrade, Win 10 is also a possible solution.

Also I have read that mov is a super set of mp4, though I don't know the details. As a consequence it is sometimes possible to simply rename the file changing the extension to .mp4 and it will play. It would be a simple change to try. See : http://www.wikihow.c...-File-to-an-MP4

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#6 msfrans

msfrans

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

I was able to right-click and save the target as, and replay the podcast. in the WMP.  The only problem is viewing the older podcasts online.

Thank you everyone.

Edited by msfrans, 30 April 2016 - 07:30 PM.

#7 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,285 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:16 AM

We are in the process of replacing the oldest podcasts, so we hope this issue will disappear over time.

While fine for their day, we have much better tools available now, like recording and broadcasting in full HD (1080p)! The newest podcasts can also take advantage of the improved Accordance interface, new features, and additional resources.

• Fabian likes this
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users