Zones, Tabs, and Panes oh my!

farcas

Some thoughts on the way the user interacts with different elements in Accordance:

Zones

Would love to see it possible to have the block that prevents different texts and analysis windows from different texts in the same zone - I'd like complete freedom as to where I put different tabs - regardless of what zone they should belong to.

Tabs

Would love to see tabs function more like Safari's tabs - using the scroll left to right rather than some tabs being hidden, adaptive size of tabs according to how many tabs are there

Panes

Parallel panes are great. Obviously. But I still think they could benefit from running the references in strict parallel - none of this change only when you get to the next verse. This way the user could see a true polyglot as if they had a spread sheet of the texts. Of course this could only really work when each verse is separated. But it would change the whole reading experience.

Oh my!

Who's with me...?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since no one has responded, I am with you. I like your tab and panes ideas. As far as zones go, I still have not figured out what opens where and why. Once you get through the learning curve of setting up panes in zones in tabs, the Oh My! factor goes down.