Content Update Crash

rcdeacon

I just tried doing "content update" using BOTH 11.1.6 and 11.2 RC2 and both crashed! they crashed almost as soon as the window appeared with the resources that had the list of resources with updates.

Hi Bob,

FWIW I just finished a large content update on Win 10, which including the PhotoGuide was approaching 500 MB, and it went swimmingly. However, it doesn’t always go so well, especially with a server interruption at my or Acc’s end. Then I just try again. At other times, I just do the old restart Windows routine. Most of the time one or the other or both solves the problem.

Regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel, I will try again. I thought it strange that it did this in both the stable and aleph version.

I did try again and once again I got a instant crash but that DID NOT happen until I unchecked one of the resources. It did not like me opting for an incomplete update of resources. I opted to NOT update the photo guide due to its size and my limited internet.

EDIT: 11.1.6 crashed WITHOUT unchecking a box. I simply waited for just a few moments (2 max) and it instantly crashed.

Edited by Bob Deacon

I played with this some and I still get the crash. As long as I do not check for content updates there is no crash but when checking for content updates the window populates with the updates and does not immediately crash. It takes a few seconds then it is an instant crash. It happens with 11.1.6 and 11.2 RC2. I have rebooted both computer and restarted Accordance with no change in behavior. I am using Windows 10 with the latest windows update (which was yesterday).

After a rather lengthy team viewer session Friday with Billy the problem still persists. Using Windows 10 which was updated last week and Accordance 11.1.6 AND 11.2 RC3! I cannot do any updates whatsoever. It downloads the information normally and the list populates normally but after a very short time Accordance INSTANTLY crashes. We tried moving the preference files, we tried other workspaces all to no avail. Almost to the point where I must delete my Accordance and start over but since my internet is extremely slow I, for obvious reasons, hesitate to get that extreme.

Bob

Hi Bob,

A few suggestions.

First, make sure your Internet connection isn’t being slowed by Windows. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Choose  how updates are delivered , and if the setting is turned on, turn it off.

post-32543-0-35284500-1463409790_thumb.png

Second, try running Acc as Administrator: right click on Acc > Run as administrator.

Third, in File Explorer click View, and make sure Hidden items is checked. Then, delete all files from c: > Users > your name > AppData > Local > Temp , or at least the Accordance files. I won’t go into detail of why this might work.

post-32543-0-58017000-1463409801_thumb.png

If these don’t work, I’d suggest asking Acc tech support how to copy your modules to a usb, followed by a complete uninstall of Acc, including the registry entries, and a fresh install of Acc, copying your modules from the usb.

If this also doesn’t work, I think you need a fresh install of Windows. If you got W10 by upgrading from 7 or 8, you will have a Digital Entitlement that will allow you to do a fresh install of Windows 10 even without your 25 digit code in hand. Finally, if you have to do this, and if you can afford it, I’d suggest updating to Windows 10 Pro. In my experience, the Pro editions are much more stable than the Home ones.

Regards,

Michel

Michael, thanks for the reply. Your second suggestion worked (run as administrator). Not sure what I need to do at this point to NOT have to always run as administrator. Thanks again for your help.

Bob

Got it working!!

Many thanks to Billy in Accordance Tech Support and Michel Gilbert for all the help. Had to right click on both icon's (11.1.6 and 11.2 RC3) and set up as "run as administrator". I can now update and download normally. Thanks!

Bob