Content updates and upgrades

dcnorman

I live in Ethiopia where the internet is not especially fast.  Often when I am attempting to update a module or upgrade the Accordance version, there is some break in the internet response or a power failure before the update is finished.  When I try again, I must begin at the beginning of the module upgrade.  I would like the process to be modified so that the update can pick up near where it was when the process was interrupted.  Recently, I have been trying to get the new version of PhotoGuide 4.  At 1.2 GB, it takes many hours if everything works.  This morning I was happy to see that it was about 2/3 done (after 12-14 hours), but before it finished, something caused the update to fail.  In addition, my internet change is based on how many gigabytes are transferred in a given month.

• Like 1

Yes this would be helpful for all users.

Greetings

Fabian

As long as you do not shut down the computer, and restart it, downloads should resume at the point they left off. Temporary files are removed when you shut down, so try to avoid doing that if your download has been interrupted.

Helen, that's a great idea, except it does require a huge UPS battery or generator to be practical.

Any hope for resume after power fail?

Sleeping the computer should allow the download to resume.

I live in Ethiopia where the internet is not especially fast.  Often when I am attempting to update a module or upgrade the Accordance version, there is some break in the internet response or a power failure before the update is finished.  When I try again, I must begin at the beginning of the module upgrade.  I would like the process to be modified so that the update can pick up near where it was when the process was interrupted.  Recently, I have been trying to get the new version of PhotoGuide 4.  At 1.2 GB, it takes many hours if everything works.  This morning I was happy to see that it was about 2/3 done (after 12-14 hours), but before it finished, something caused the update to fail.  In addition, my internet change is based on how many gigabytes are transferred in a given month.

I have the exact same problem, only I live in China. I feel your pain! I have found that the best time to download is early morning (which would be around 6pm EST) for me. Not sure if that will help you any. But yes, it takes hours upon hours for stuff to download and often there is a break or a connection loss. I dont even bother with updating my phone purchases as it is next to hopeless.