a copy/paste bug in Accordance 11?

pclafferty

I'm encountering a pesky thing of late in Accordance 11. Certainly no fatal flaw, but a curious occurrence.

Ordinarily I can copy a text and hit the keystroke that allows pasting that passage without superscripts.

But recently when I highlight a text that function isn't available to me--it's greyed out--until I de-select the passage and then select it again.

See the screenshot that shows my having highlighted a text and then sought to copy without superscripts.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I won't assume it's a bug with Accordance, but I'm only experiencing it within Accordance.

thanks for considering!

Patrick in Dallas

post-329-0-31012600-1463412330_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated to Accordance 11.2.0 on El Capitan 10.11.5

The "copy as citation" captures feature works better, but still misses words (or parts of words)

Ex The word "God" pastes only as "G"

“For if G did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;” (2 Peter 2:4–5 NAS95)

Prior to the update, the "copy as citation" feature would miss entire words Example the phrase "once were disobedient, when the patience of" was missing

“who [once were disobedient, when the patience of] God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.” (1 Peter 3:20 NAS95)

Mark,

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this over here.  First, do you get the same results in every app that you paste into, such as TextEdit or Pages?  Second, could you post pictures of your Export and Citation preference panes? Finally, can you clarify exactly what text is selected in what version, and whether you are using the main menu, right click, or key combination to Copy as Citation?

Thanks!