Pillar update.

Ιακοβ

1. What happens if you purchase an update that includes a replacement for a volume, in this case it's Romans? Do you get to retain the original?

2. $90 ($60US) seems a little expensive for two volumes and one updated, it's certainly more expensive than buying the paperback versions. I wonder how upgrading now would compare to upgrading a package later on down the road? Do people typically update modules they have as part of a larger package, or are there upgrades to the parent m/overall packages from time to time that might be better value?

Thanks!

Edited by Ιακοβ

On every occasion, I have been allowed to keep the keep the originals.  I can confirm that this is the same for the new Pillar Romans Comm. I have both in my library.  The new one becomes part of the set.  And the old one becomes a free download to stand alone.

These three commentaries would be over $150 to buy seperately.  I would buy the upgrade... If its the Pillar 3 upgade, its only $60, but you don't have much time left :-)

Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Oh, your right. The "Buy Now" link seems not not work. Perhaps that means the special is over, which is confusing given that I got to the special page from clicking on a link from the front page. Does that mean the special was taken away while I was trying to buy it?

Edited by Ιακοβ

Now things are even stranger. Easy update shows that I can download the original Romans volume. So now I have the romans module twice—both as an individual module, and within the set entire.

That's correct. Each Romans volume is by a different author. The new volume by Kruse is included in Pillar NTC-16, and the older volume by Morris is still available as a stand-alone module. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mark. The weird thing is that it wouldn't let me complete the purchase, but then I checked easy update and now I still have the old module plus the old Romans commentary as a single module as well.

Ah, yes, that's weird. I'd call tech support. They'll be able to make sure the order gets processed correctly. 

• Like 1

That is correct.  Accordance has let me keep the Pillar 3 set and the new Pillar 16 vols set and a copy of the replaced module of Romans (Morris).  I guess you could delete Pillar 3; you would still be left with new set and a copy of the older Romans.

• Like 1