• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,169 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

Did you know you can use images from your Accordance Library in PowerPoint & Keynote when you teach or preach?

Learn how in this new video!

http://www.accordanc...rPoint--Keynote

Note: fair use does not include posting images on a website. Permission should be obtained from the copyright holder for this kind of use. 

Edited by R. Mansfield, 20 May 2016 - 06:18 PM.
Added clarification regarding fair use.

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#2 dandennison

dandennison

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:The Master's Seminary
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:36 PM

Any limits on distribution? What if I upload the presentation to my church's public website?

#3 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,169 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Accordance (of course!); biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology & practice; spending time with my wife, Kathy, and my hound, Lucy Mae; cooking with cast iron and Tabasco; getting lost on country roads in my Jeep Wrangler

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:03 PM

Any limits on distribution? What if I upload the presentation to my church's public website?

I'm not certain. We may have to have someone more knowledgeable than me answer the question. In fact, I need to clarify that non-commercial use does not include public places like websites. If you knew only your church members were receiving a copy of your presentation, that would probably be covered. Posting it publicly, though, seems questionable--but I will find out for certain.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#4 dandennison

dandennison

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:The Master's Seminary

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Ok for now we'll put it in the members login, but if you find out more let me know.

It would always be in the context of a slide deck for the day's lesson, not by itself.

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:37 AM

Dont forget that These tips also work in word and pages in the same way.

For the last 10 years i have produced our church's service to be data projected using word rather than powerpoint as there are many many advantages (and only two disadvantages). I have a special template with all the styles set to suitable sizes and colours.

When ready, just save to pdf, open in reader and either control L or command L or go to view and select full screen.
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,594 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

To clarify: if you post your Presentation as a PDF there is no problem with including images. If you want to post the Presentation itself, it is better to select the image in Accordance at the size you want it, and choose Save Picture Selection (rather than Save Picture). This way you are not making the full-size image available so there is less danger of violating copyright restrictions.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users